Question: Filter <any> old user filter won't go away

Justin Marcus

Feb 12, 2019, 12:44:14 PM2/12/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
This is probably going to be a unique bug to me, as I previously created an <any> filter in several of the drop down menu's in an attempt to do what you have now implemented as per my request (THANK YOU :) ).
However my old manually added filters which are literally "<any>" won't disappear. I manage to get them to temporarily go away, but then after closing and reopening the program they return.
Is there another way I can edit/delete them?
Many thanks
PS thank you for including the "any" feature as per my previous request a couple of years ago, plus all the other improvements. Really makes it fantastic.
Now all I want is an Android app that can reliably sync with this !

.dan.g.

Feb 12, 2019, 6:21:37 PM2/12/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Justin

If you would like attach your preferences file I'll fix it up and return it to you as another attachment.

Justin Marcus

Feb 19, 2019, 1:43:24 PM2/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Only just seen your reply...yes I will do that. Not quite sure how, could you explain ?
(I can see import preferences from registry maybe it's that ? Export is greyed out)

.dan.g.

Feb 19, 2019, 6:39:52 PM2/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
You preferences are store in an 'ini' file whose location you can find at the bottom of the 'Help > About' dialog.

Justin Marcus

Apr 8, 2019, 8:23:41 AM4/8/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Sorry it's been a while.
Here's my ini file as requested :) Many thanks
ToDoList.ini

Justin Marcus

Apr 8, 2019, 9:01:04 AM4/8/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
For fun I decided to have a go at editing it myself (file attached).
The only bit I changed was this:
[Preferences\CategoryList]
Item0="<any>"                                  Changed to: ItemCount=0 (and removed the "<any>" an ItemCount=1  [same for others below. Seems to work, hope it's OK!]
ItemCount=1

[Preferences\StatusList]
Item0="<any>"
ItemCount=1

[Preferences\AllocToList]
ItemCount=0

[Preferences\AllocByList]
ItemCount=0

[Preferences\VersionList]
ItemCount=0

[Preferences\TagList]
Item0="<any>"
ItemCount=1
ToDoList-EditedByJustin.ini

.dan.g.

Apr 8, 2019, 11:51:57 PM4/8/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Justin

Unfortunately I need to see the ini file that was 'broken', but if your 'fix' seems to work for you then let's go with that :)

Justin Marcus

Apr 9, 2019, 5:46:05 AM4/9/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I posted the broken file in the previous message file name ToDoList.ini

.dan.g.

Apr 14, 2019, 4:32:22 AM4/14/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
My bad