Question: Pre set columns after open task list

Firdea

Feb 9, 2019, 5:16:14 AM2/9/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

Is it possible that when I will create task list and public in network , the person which will open the list will see only columns which was selected during list design ?

I want to create test plan with regular and custom columns and prepare architecture of this task list.

The idea is that whoever will open this list will have already set columns and for example placed fixed category and only two status to select .

In that case the team which have diffrent responybility during test will just change status to complete.

On the end i will have full view on test progress

Right now (if i good understand) I need to create the task list and informe the team to add columns which i created  and  status comments etc

If is not possible right now is it possible in the future?  To create the task list with defined parameters ?

I hope you understand me . English is not my first langue

.dan.g.

Feb 9, 2019, 8:29:34 PM2/9/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Firdea

If you run ToDoList from a shortcut using the '-z' switch then the next time you save a tasklist its visibility settings will be stored inside the tasklist.

And this will continue to happen even if you remove the '-z' switch.

And anyone opening the tasklist will only see those columns even if they are not using '-z'.

Note: the only to remove the embedded visibility settings is to edit the tasklist manually.
Note: anyone can still change the visibility settings and these will be updated inside the tasklist when the tasklist is saved