BUG: Kanban custom attribute view not working

zajchap

Mar 15, 2016, 6:45:59 AM3/15/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully this hasn't been raised.
When applying a custom filter view to the Kanban tab, only the backlog shows.  Standard attributes appear to be working OK.
I'm playing with Introduction.tdl, and hopefully not doing something dumb.
Note:  The custom attribute is in the right most column.  I do have a priority filter on, but it is same for both screenshots..
2016-03-15 23_40_06-Sample Tasklist - ToDoList (c) AbstractSpoon.png
Image 1.png

.dan.g.

Mar 15, 2016, 7:48:03 PM3/15/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I've done a lot of work on the Kanban view for the new update so I'll wait to see if that fixes it.

zajchap

Mar 18, 2016, 4:35:21 AM3/18/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fair enough.  Will test when next version released.

.dan.g.

Mar 20, 2016, 4:10:51 AM3/20/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.1.DR6?

zajchap

Mar 22, 2016, 4:27:28 AM3/22/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,
  Sorry it has taken so long to get back to this.
  You have been busy indeed.  The issue raised appears fixed.
  There are a couple of new issues however.  I will mention them here and set up a new ticket.

  1.  Kanban preferences|Columns.  Using fixed columns.  You select the custom attribute fine, but the Attribute values in the grid are only ever the Attribute values of the first custom attribute.
  2.  If using 'the following fixed columns only', the 'Attribute to track' selections disappear.  This means to turn it off again, you need to go through Preferences again.  Suggestion:  Have an entry in the 'Attribute to Track' list like 'Custom Attribute - fixed', to allow easier switching between views.  Or another entry into options 'Show Fixed columns'.
  3.    If using 'the following fixed columns only', the Preference 'Always show backlog column' is not honored.