BUG: ish. Notes unable to accept text

Manning

Sep 17, 2018, 12:25:12 PM9/17/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I wasn't sure if I should post this or not.  In past software testing I passed on any seemingly significant issues as there may be several intermittent issue and different occurrences helped the programmers.  Delete this if it is not useful.  I need no resolution.  Let me know if you want information like this or if I should label it differently as it doesn't meet the BUG requirements and really isn't an issue for me as it works now.

No idea currently how to reproduce.
Left todolist up over the weekend.  Monday tried to enter text into the notes and would get the fail ding sound.  Tried multiple tasks and same thing.
Timing tracking worked and came up but could still not enter text.
Typing letters when on a task caused it to jump to other tasks.  ( I see now that is a normal function)
Went to a note and switched from simple text to rich text.  I could then enter text.  I switched it back to simple and could enter text.

No further issues.

.dan.g.

Sep 19, 2018, 7:25:46 AM9/19/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Be interesting to see if the problem ever reoccurs with 7.2...

Manning

Sep 19, 2018, 10:49:05 AM9/19/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I can update to 7.2 if you would like.  I tend not to update unless there is something I want or need as the way so many companies update software unless you read ALL the details it may not work the way you liked.  Does the update function in help only update to stable updates?

.dan.g.

Sep 19, 2018, 8:45:03 PM9/19/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>>I can update to 7.2 if you would like

We're quite close to the release of 7.2 so feel free to hold off and simply update this thread if and when you experience it 7.2.

ps. There will be no further updates to 7.1.

>> Does the update function in help only update to stable updates?

Pre-release versions must be installed manually the first time only then the updater will take care of subsequent versions.