Question: Getting started with Stylesheets

mikro

Jan 8, 2019, 1:29:45 AM1/8/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I'd like to edit Stylesheets to my needs. I have Visual Studio availabe and have basic C# coding skills.
If have been looking arround but couldn't find a suitable spot to take off on editing Stylesheets.
I could use a tutorial or articel on XML, XSL, usable Editors ... examples...
Any advice where to start?

thx
Mikro

.dan.g.

Jan 9, 2019, 7:07:05 PM1/9/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Mikro

>> Any advice where to start?

It kind of depends on your needs, but first I should admit that I find XSLT very hard to fathom and programming is my day job!

So, if you just want to 'tinker' with the existing stylesheets I would suggest just diving in and modifying things kind of randomly and interpreting the outcomes with the help of Google.

However, if you have very specific needs then you could write a custom exporter in C# (with my help) that generates an HTML file which can then be printed directly or printed to PDF via a browser. Or indeed you could generate any form of document you like because there are lots of C# libraries for such things.

Dan

mikro

Jan 10, 2019, 5:31:33 AM1/10/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,
I appreciate your help, thank you!

Generating an HTML, or perhaps word doc sounds like a plan.
My goal is to create a template for 'official' meeting protocols with company specific headlines, author, dates, participants with information from the todolist.
Second would be a working log which you could imagine as a tabular export, idealy importable to Excel with working linewraps and formating since I get regular requests to provide an editable task manifest.
(I agree the world would be a better place if everbody used ToDoList but some plans don't seem to come together ;) )

Can you provide an example exporter TDL to HTML to get started?

cheers!

.dan.g.

Jan 10, 2019, 6:42:06 PM1/10/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Can you provide an example exporter TDL to HTML to get started?

I was afraid you would ask that as I don't yet have one! Any chance your employer could make a donation to give me some incentive?

ps. I am imagining that the longer term outcome would be a generalised report generator that allowed quite a lot of customisation, including multiple templates.

mikro

Jan 11, 2019, 5:05:05 AM1/11/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Can I directly contact you somehow?

.dan.g.

Feb 14, 2019, 7:34:53 PM2/14/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

.dan.g.

Feb 21, 2019, 9:19:43 PM2/21/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Sorry mikro, I forgot about this resource...

.dan.g.

Feb 24, 2019, 6:24:07 PM2/24/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support