BUG: ToDoList stops working when searching for "attr" in preferences and clicking on "Task Attributes"

Fredrik Jonasson

Apr 2, 2019, 2:14:29 AM4/2/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
I've found a repeatable bug in which the application stops.
  1. In Preferences menu
  2. Do a search for "attr"
  3. From the highlighted search results, clicking on "Task Attributes".

Actually any search term that returns Task Attributes and clicking on it will make the application stop. i.e. "Task", "Task Att"", "Attributes", "Attrib" and so forth...
The exception is for when the "Task Attribute" page has been opened previously to doing the search.
2019-04-02 07_57_30-ToDoList Preferences (Not Responding).png

.dan.g.

Apr 2, 2019, 7:25:17 PM4/2/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks for your report Fredrik.

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this yet from what you've provided.

1. Can you reproduce the issue with a clean ini file (vlose TDL, rename ini, restart)?
2. If not can you attach your preferences here please?

Fredrik Jonasson

Apr 3, 2019, 1:56:22 PM4/3/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello Dan

I tried with a clean .ini and then it works. So then I looked for differences in "non working .ini" and saw that language was set to english US.
Changed to english US in the "clean .ini" and the problem is reproducible.
For info, the system language is set to "english US" on my computer with Swedish keybord.
Also did the same test on my other computer and its the same there.

.dan.g.

Apr 3, 2019, 8:50:16 PM4/3/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Many thx Fredrik, that was the missing ingredient!

.dan.g.

Apr 7, 2019, 2:04:34 AM4/7/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.2.10