BUG: Burndown Y axis markers

Alessandro Verdoni

Nov 12, 2018, 4:16:05 AM11/12/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Actually markers on Y axis in burndown fits automatically to a random value.
This make harder to have a visual  information because values changes day by day  ( a day 72, 84, 96, etc..., another day 78, 90, 102, etc...)
Could you please make it programmable by the user or at least always use the same standard multipliers (by 1, by 5, by 10, etc...)?

thanks.

Cattura.PNG

Message has been deleted

.dan.g.

Nov 12, 2018, 7:01:26 PM11/12/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Alessandro

I'm sure I can improve things but it will have to wait until 7.3.

.dan.g.

Nov 12, 2018, 8:02:56 PM11/12/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Can we agree on a sensible set of intervals?

{ 1, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100, 200, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 }

Alessandro Verdoni

Nov 13, 2018, 6:15:08 AM11/13/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks Dan, I guess that waiting until 7.3 is a good news because it means that release of 7.2 is close :-)
Concerning the set of intervals, I can say that my own task list is always oscillating between 50 and 250 but it should be nice to have some feedback from other users.

mikro

Nov 14, 2018, 4:50:33 AM11/14/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,
Do I get you right, that the plan is to let the user choose the y-axis max?
Or would it be like the axis autoscales to the lowest number fitting the current chart?

.dan.g.

Nov 15, 2018, 9:15:59 PM11/15/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
User doesn't get to choose, I just pick a better maximum value.

mikro

Nov 16, 2018, 5:08:08 AM11/16/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I see.
I'd prefer being able to set the axis scale, but from a practical viewpoint your suggested intervals sound fine to me.
Very seldomly I think setting a scale would help me doing workload comparrisons inbetween projects but since powerpoint-engineering then is involved anyways its no deal at all to scale the burndowncharts as needed.

Cheers

.dan.g.

May 13, 2019, 12:05:32 AM5/13/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in Burndown 7.3.DP1, but needs fixing in 'Workload' plugin