Question: Tasks entered turn red

DT996

Oct 29, 2017, 11:42:14 PM10/29/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
I'm running TDL version 7.1.4.8

Every time I enter a task, the task title turns red. it acts like the task is overdue even though there is no due date. If I add a due date to the task that is beyond the current date, the task title turns black as it should be.

Bug - Task title turning red upon entering new task.tdl

.dan.g.

Oct 30, 2017, 12:13:47 AM10/30/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Can you also attach your preferences pls?

DT996

Oct 30, 2017, 1:23:52 AM10/30/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I did not know how to send you all preferences. So, I just made a video screen capture of the ones I thought were pertinent and attached it as an mp4 file "preferences for task title red problem".

preferences for task title red problem.mp4

.dan.g.

Oct 30, 2017, 4:26:10 AM10/30/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I think this is the culprit:

Tools > Preferences > Tasks > Attribute Calculations > Treat tasks without a due date as being due 'Today' or on the 'Start' date whichever is later

DT996

Oct 30, 2017, 9:42:54 AM10/30/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
That was it! My bad!
Thanks so much for your help Dan.

DT996

Oct 31, 2017, 12:59:26 AM10/31/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Dan from time to time, I forget about all the hard work you do for us. You really work your butt off to make us all satisfied users, and your ratings show it. I appreciate it Very Much. I just sent you a donation as a token of my appreciation. I hope others will do this too. For those that don't know how to donate, you can send a donation by clicking on the ToDoList Help tab and selecting Donate. The Donate screen will ask what software you are buying and the purchase price. Just fill in the dollar amount and leave the software product blank.

I've spent many years evaluating outliner, task management, and project management software and still conclude there is no better app (free or paid) than ToDoList for these functions and more; such as, brainstorming and information management.

.dan.g.

Nov 1, 2017, 7:09:07 PM11/1/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx for your kind words and generosity.