Suggestion: Force the input of comment when time tracking

Pierre de la Verre

Apr 22, 2016, 6:42:31 PM4/22/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
If I "add time to the log file", there is an option to add a personal comment. I think it can be useful to (optional) display a "comment input" when I start the time tracker.

Why?
Sometimes there are tasks where it makes no sense to split them into sub-tasks. To make it more structured I can use the Comment field" and write down "10:00-10:30: telephone; 10:30 - 11:15 Email to John"

But ...
- if I need the comment for other content
- if I don't want to write the time again and again to the comment
- if I want to create a useful report of my "spent-time" without sub-tasks

-> then I need a useful comment, immediately written when I start the tracking. This would offer the third way to log "what have I done at which time".

.dan.g.

Apr 25, 2016, 9:33:53 PM4/25/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Peter

There is an existing preference to display the 'Add time to log file' dialog  when the time tracker ends, but I'm not sure what the advantage would be to show it when the time tracker starts, since we don't know at that time how much time is being added.

Hotmail

Apr 26, 2016, 12:41:12 AM4/26/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dan

               > There is an existing preference to display the 'Add time to log file' dialog  when the time tracker ends,

I missed that option – it is exactly what I need.

Thanks ;-)