Question: How to export Task to csv/xls with 'readable' comments

mikro

Mar 14, 2018, 10:42:32 AM3/14/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
to create protokolls and agendas I would like to export tasks to csv which the Tools:Export Tasks function basically does.
Unfortunately the comments are exported as text only, which renders them practically unreadable.

If only the word wraps could be exported it would do a great improvement.

Is there a way to export the tasks to an excel sheet keeping the word wraps and idealy the format of the comments?

THX
mikro

mikro

Mar 15, 2018, 10:38:51 AM3/15/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Or does anybody have a stylesheet template that creates a readable exceltable like export of a tasklist?

.dan.g.

Mar 20, 2018, 5:04:43 AM3/20/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Is there a way to export the tasks to an excel sheet

Unfortunately not. That would require a new exporter which exported to .xlsx which I don't have plans to write.

.dan.g.

Mar 20, 2018, 5:06:05 AM3/20/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I do support a 'table' format when exporting to HTML. Have you tried that?

mikro

Apr 9, 2018, 3:15:08 AM4/9/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hey Dan,
I'm not sure. When I do
Tools: Export Tasks: Format ".html"
I get an html looking like this, but not like a table. I assume you are talking about something else?

Am Dienstag, 20. März 2018 10:06:05 UTC+1 schrieb .dan.g.:
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

.dan.g.

Apr 9, 2018, 8:13:48 PM4/9/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
This is what I see in 7.2.B7:

using: File > Print Preview > Style > Tabular

Dan

mikro

Apr 12, 2018, 3:52:15 AM4/12/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Ouch! ... Some moments of enligthenment do hurt!
Thanks for the hint! ... Works fine for Agendas...

Is there any Magic Trick to Export/print the full Gant-Plant, not only the viewable Screen, yet?

thx
Mikro

mikro

Apr 12, 2018, 4:31:47 AM4/12/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,
One Question concerning the printed columns.
How can I prevent custom attributes from being printed?
I don't see a Checkbox an cannot delete the additional custom columns from the html printresult.

thx
Mikro

On Monday, 9 April 2018 17:15:08 UTC+10, mikro wrote:
Hey Dan,
I'm not sure. When I do
Tools: Export Tasks: Format ".html"
I get an html looking like this, but not like a table. I assume you are talking about something else?

.dan.g.

Apr 13, 2018, 2:02:48 AM4/13/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
What exactly do you mean by 'full'?

It's very unlikely that I will write a Gantt-specific print option so you will have to manage with the 'Print Task View' functionality. Basically you just set up the Gantt View to show exactly what you want to print and then print it.

If the whole image is too big to fit on a page (ie. it ends up being too 'zoomed out' to see the detail) you can instead use 'File > Save Task View to Image' and then print it using 'MSPaint' which allows multi-page printing of images,

I hope you understand that print functionality is no longer as essential as it once was now we are increasingly going 'paperless'!

mikro

Apr 17, 2018, 4:54:23 AM4/17/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,
I was looking for the 'save to image' functionality to see plans, bigger than the Screen.
That works quite nice so far.

Is there a chance you can implement to show the task 'Name' beside the task instead of the 'allocated to'? Like so?

And possibly one step further to keep the names showing when tasks are rolled up?

That would really be a great Feature !

Cheers
Mikro

mikro

Apr 17, 2018, 4:55:38 AM4/17/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Meanwhile this is a bit of topic... mayby we should move this discussion to 'suggestions'?

.dan.g.

Apr 17, 2018, 8:22:31 PM4/17/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Yes, this is definitely a suggestion