Question: Moving a task problems

westor

Aug 3, 2017, 5:29:07 AM8/3/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

There is a problem, when i moving an task at the top when i restarting the program it doesn't saving that position in order to place it there, also after the restart moving an task via the mouse doesn't working if i place the task at the top, check the video.

Video: http://a.pomf.cat/xqlwfc.mp4

- Thanks!

.dan.g.

Aug 3, 2017, 5:52:00 AM8/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi westor

>> restarting the program it doesn't saving that position in order to place it there

Your task is being moved but because your current sort column is 'Priority' when you restart the program it will resort all the tasks by 'Priority'.

If you turn off sorting ('Sort > Unsorted') then you will see that the task positions do actually get saved properly.

>> also after the restart moving an task via the mouse doesn't working if i place the task at the top

Moving subtasks to the top is tricky because it's quite easy to accidentally make the task a sibling of the parent which I think is what was happening for you.

To help you know what is going to happen, ToDoList displays slightly different 'insertion markers':

This 'longer' insertion marker indicates that the task will be a sibling

This 'shorter' insertion marker indicates that the task will be a subtask

Dan

westor

Aug 3, 2017, 6:00:32 AM8/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support