BUG: Import text list with tabs at the beginning crashes TDL

Ralph Earey

Sep 26, 2017, 7:29:40 AM9/26/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed any text copied into the Windows clipboard with tabs (& I think spaces) at the beginning crashes TDL.
Test text for import.txt

.dan.g.

Sep 26, 2017, 8:56:55 PM9/26/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Ah yes, tabs/spaces are probably being treated as delimiters denoting child relationships...

.dan.g.

Sep 26, 2017, 9:35:15 PM9/26/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Strange, this causes no trouble for me at all, neither on 7.1 nor 7.2.

And I played around with tabs and spaces in all sorts of configurations.

Is there any crash information at all?

Ralph Earey

Oct 3, 2017, 10:00:00 AM10/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan - I've just tested on 7.1.4.6 and the exact same happens. I open the txt file (fresh download from this post) in Notepad, select all, then goto the desired task and hit Ctrl+I and set the field mapping, click ok and it crashes. I've uploaded some screenshots.
2017-10-03 14_54_20-Test text for import.txt - Notepad.png
2017-10-03 14_53_59-Import Tasks From CSV.png
2017-10-03 14_53_31-untitled1_ - ToDoList (c) AbstractSpoon.png

Pierre de la Verre

Oct 3, 2017, 5:24:58 PM10/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
The problem of the data in the sample file is: this is not a real table.

First line defines two empty columns and then a value which is used as "Title"
Second line has only one column - this is skipped because of the empty first column in first line. And third column does not exist - this causes the crash.

If you modify the second line then it works fine - both with Clipboard and file import; both with "\t" and with "real tab"

.dan.g.

Oct 3, 2017, 7:49:02 PM10/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Ah, your initial post did not say you were using the CSV importer so I assumed you were using the Outline (.txt) importer.

ps. The CSV importer assumes that the first line is a header line which is one of the reasons why the 'Import Tasks' dialog adds a blank line for you...

Ralph Earey

Oct 4, 2017, 4:32:29 AM10/4/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx guys - using the Outline (.txt) works just fine.

.dan.g.

Oct 7, 2017, 10:05:33 PM10/7/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.1.4.7?