Question: Accessing Files while Checked-In

Oliver Sahr

Oct 16, 2015, 3:30:37 AM10/16/15
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

Hello Daniel,

We are 7 people in our team and we use ToDoList at work.

We work with one huge ToDo file, so we love the Multi-User features (Check-In and Check-Out).

At many tasks we have file links in the "File-Link" field.

I do not mean the file links in the comments

Unfortunately it is not possible to open the file or to open the folder when the ToDo file is checked in.

Here the two buttons inside the "File-Link" field are disabled.

They get enabled when the file is checked out.

It would be very useful to open the file or the folder when the ToDo file is checked in.

Reason: I want to edit the linked file and not the task.

So please allow opening the file and the folder when the ToDo file is checked in.

Greetings

OLLI

Daniel Godson

Oct 18, 2015, 7:55:36 PM10/18/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Olli, I agree that it should work as you suggest but it's not a simple change so I need to look at it carefully.

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Wiki and other resources: https://github.com/abstractspoon/ToDoList_Wiki/wiki

.dan.g.

Oct 18, 2015, 10:07:31 PM10/18/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
As a workaround, a task's files are directly accessible via 'Edit > Other Task Attributes' and via by right-clicking on the task.