Feature request: Method to drag and drop onto a task without expanding it.

mmhasse

Jul 26, 2019, 7:37:11 AM7/26/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Desired: be able to drag and drop a task onto another task without the target task being expanded.

Current: Dragging and dropping a taks onto another task always expands the target task.

Suggestion: Use a modifier key (Shift + Drag & Drop currently doesn't seem to do anything)

.dan.g.

Jul 28, 2019, 8:13:19 AM7/28/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
It works that way because the dropped task needs to retain selection.

I don't have any plans to change it at present.

mmhasse

Jul 28, 2019, 10:20:09 AM7/28/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the explanation - I may not have expressed my request well:

I am not proposing a behavior change, but a shortcut of sorts (using a modifier key) for the following sequence:

1. Drag and drop a task onto a collapsed parent task (which expands that task and scrolls down to the dropped task at the end of the list of subtasks)
2. Scroll back up to the dropped task's new parent task.
3. Click the new parent task's [-], which collapses and selects the new parent task.

I find myself often sorting task into long lists (categories) of subtasks, which results in a lot of manual scrolling (see the linked GIF below).

VqT5b1jXg7.zip