Suggestion: Is it possible to display overdue tasks in calendar on "today"?

cad@gkmm

Sep 18, 2017, 5:25:30 AM9/18/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

... and, with a date offeset, "tomorrow"?

thx and regards, S.

.dan.g.

Sep 20, 2017, 8:48:46 PM9/20/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain more fully please?

cad@gkmm

Sep 21, 2017, 1:44:18 AM9/21/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
It would be nice if overdue tasks would be displayed on the today's calender cell (at least if they are more than x days overdue). Date offsets should still apply (starting the offset from today then, ofc).
Or else have some other means of avoiding for uncompleted tasks with an old due date to slide into previous weeks (as the days and weeks pass) and may therefore not be visible in the calendar anymore.

(I thought I saw this feature before and could not find it anymore, but meanwhile it turned out that it was in another task/calendar app.)

.dan.g.

Sep 21, 2017, 8:50:42 PM9/21/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Okay, I understand now and agree that would be a useful addition.

How about I add a new Calendar preference Display overdue tasks as being due 'Today'?

cad@gkmm

Sep 22, 2017, 1:47:13 AM9/22/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Might work. IMO the actual due date (the one saved and shown in the due date field should, however, stay as it was (not be changed to "today"). Only the display should show them today. I think.
I further assume (repeating myself) that it might make sense to add a leeway for tasks only one or a few days old (or if of the same week as today) to not be displayed today.

What I wrote before ("Date offsets should still apply (starting the offset from today then, ofc).") probaby was a stupid idea. Maybe it's better to forget that.
However, though the date offsets seem a nice feature, why was this actally added? The help says "This can be useful if requirements change and specific tasks need to be started or finished sooner or perhaps later.", however, instead one could simply change the dates themselves, right? But again, I like this feature, but more out of a feeling not out of reason. I'd like to be able to add reason to my liking it. :-)) Therefore I am asking.

.dan.g.

Sep 23, 2017, 4:26:49 AM9/23/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Date offsets should still apply (starting the offset from today then, ofc)

What offsets are you talking about?

.dan.g.

Oct 1, 2017, 10:27:42 PM10/1/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Added to 7.2.A1

cad gkmm

Oct 9, 2017, 6:58:48 PM10/9/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx, .dan.g.,

for adding 'Calendar View' preference to 'Show overdue tasks as Due Today'.
Should prove very useful.

Moved to 7.2.A2 now (from 7.1.4). Seems to work fine, so far.
Regards, S.

Am Montag, 2. Oktober 2017 04:27:42 UTC+2 schrieb .dan.g.:
Added to 7.2.A1