Info: ToDoList 7.2.RC9 is available for download

.dan.g.

Oct 7, 2018, 4:19:59 AM10/7/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone

Get it here or if you have any previous 7.2 pre-release you can update via 'Help > Check for Updates'.

Please only add bug reports and comments about 7.2 to this thread.
Comments elsewhere will be ignored.

What's Changed from 7.2.RC8:
  • Fixed dragging of 'Gantt Chart' columns in front of the 'Task' column
  • Fixed opening multiple tasklists in quick succession from Explorer
  • Fixed sorting of task dates which differ by less than a minute
  • Fixed missing vertical scrollbar in 'Task Tree/List View' when all attribute columns are hidden
  • Added menu command 'View > Show Reminder Notification Window'
  • Added menu command 'New Task > New Dependent Task Above Selected Task'
  • Added 'Alt' key modifier to trigger 'Import Tasks' when dropping files in 'Task Tree'
Enjoy!

mikro

Oct 9, 2018, 2:12:24 AM10/9/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Bug/Issue: Setting task priority on import using Outlook importer cannot be disabled.

Hi Dan,
thank you for yet another update!

I noticed a minor issue using the Outlook importer.
It seems, that there is no option to disable setting a task-priority on importing a mail into TDL.
Here is my importer Setting.

I tried seeting importance to empty, but still I allways get tasks created with importance '5'.
I would like to tune that to empty or a '3'.

Since a task in my lists allways starts with very-low priority and can accell in that category over time ;) the oposite direction of decreasing a task priority is a rare exception.
Do I miss something or is there a feature to define priority on Import?

cheers
Mikro

.dan.g.

Oct 9, 2018, 2:44:02 AM10/9/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Mikro.

There are at least two things wrong with the mapping dialog:

1 a. There's no way to map to 'empty' meaning "don't import", in which case the default attribute value from the preferences should apply.
1 b. Similarly, mapping to 'comments' should also result in the default attribute value being used from the preferences

2. The TDL attribute droplist contains some read-only attributes

mikro

Oct 9, 2018, 9:46:14 AM10/9/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Bug: Keyboard Shortcut 'Expand / All Tasks' does not work if treeparts are manualy collapsed previously

Hi Dan,
noticed a very minor issue.
I would expect the 'Expand / All Tasks' command to expand the whole list wherever and whenever used.
It appears that it momentarily only works if the tree previously was collapsed via the 'Collapse / All Tasks' command.
With the enclosed list the issue apears like so

Step by Step
- Collapse / All Tasks
> all treelevels are collapsed
- Expand / All Tasks
> whole tree is expanded
- manualy collapse random branch
- Expand / All Tasks
> no effect
- Collapse / All Tasks
> all treelevels are collapsed
- Expand / All Tasks
> works again...

Is there any flag that is set if one or the other command is used that is not set if the list is manualy modified?

cheers
Mikro

Am Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2018 10:19:59 UTC+2 schrieb .dan.g.:
Introduction.tdl
Bug Expand all.zip

.dan.g.

Oct 9, 2018, 7:41:56 PM10/9/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Mikro, I can confirm that this is a bug

pistesil

Oct 14, 2018, 10:06:30 AM10/14/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Reposting as requested

Hi Dan,
Im trying to use todolist in a network and there are about 15 people who uses it.
I'am facing a problem with tdl file, it has been deleted every other day.
I dont know if someone is erasing it by mistake or if it is a bug.
I know you delete backup files, but do you do anything with the main file?
Could you tell me if there is any line in the code that deletes that file for any reason?
Thanks in advance

PS: we are using 7.2 RC9

pistesil

Oct 14, 2018, 10:07:31 AM10/14/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Reposted as requested

Hi dan,
I don't know if it is a feature or a bug,
but if I have a task allocated to "Bob" and another to "Bob A." and I filter by "Bob" both tasks are exhibited.
This could be a feature because I could agroupate many resources using some kind of prefix,
but it would be interesting to allow the user choose the beahaviour and the character that enables it ( now it is always space " ")

.dan.g.

Oct 14, 2018, 8:53:51 PM10/14/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Yes, this is a bug

tlalok

Oct 18, 2018, 2:17:27 AM10/18/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Bug: 'includes' option in Find Task dialog does not work properly.
It matches only full words, for example if I search Title and Comments with phrase "pil" it doesn't match "pilot". However it des not work like "equals" - if I use phrase "pilot" it matches "pilot certus".
If I clone the rule, the new rule works fine but only for same time. Then I have to add another rule.

Beznazwy-1.jpg

Regards
Piotr Przylucki

Daniel Godson

Oct 18, 2018, 2:25:12 AM10/18/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Piotr

Can you attach a copy of 'Introduction.tdl' that you have modified to show the problem please?

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/

Piotr Przyłucki

Oct 18, 2018, 2:45:15 AM10/18/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Godson

Hi,

Please find attached list.

Piotr Przyłucki
ut...@utech.gliwice.pl
32 232 95 42
W dniu 2018-10-18 o 08:24, Daniel Godson pisze:
introduction.tdl

.dan.g.

Oct 18, 2018, 5:03:19 AM10/18/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks, but I'm not clear what the problem is...

findtasks.PNG

Dan
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to abstractspoon-todolist-support+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

Piotr Przyłucki

Oct 18, 2018, 7:48:02 AM10/18/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
I reinstalled the program manually (to new directory) and problem disappeared.
Moreover it solved performance problems I reported on September.
It looks like sth. went wrong during automatic updating.

I'm sorry for the hassle.
Piotr Przylucki

Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

David Jiménez Rupérez

Oct 19, 2018, 2:58:21 PM10/19/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
My poblem opening TDL files (34 seconds delay) is solved, uninstall, create the same folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\ToDoList") and copy the 7.2RC9 inside.

Now everything seems ok.

.dan.g.

Oct 20, 2018, 9:43:58 PM10/20/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Fixed in 7.2.RC10. You can now map attributes to <blank>

.dan.g.

Oct 20, 2018, 9:44:21 PM10/20/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.2.RC10

.dan.g.

Oct 20, 2018, 9:44:45 PM10/20/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hopefully fixed in 7.2.RC10

.dan.g.

Oct 20, 2018, 9:45:02 PM10/20/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.2.RC10

On Monday, 15 October 2018 01:07:31 UTC+11, pistesil wrote:
Message has been deleted

.dan.g.

Oct 20, 2018, 9:45:56 PM10/20/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
No worries, thx for the update.
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

.dan.g.

Oct 20, 2018, 9:48:40 PM10/20/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx for the update

pistesil

Oct 25, 2018, 11:04:17 PM10/25/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Dan, the file continues to be deleted on RC10

I think there isnt any relationship, but I found something strange in the code

The file ODBCAccess.h has the following code:

//Data source operational defines:
#define        DATASOURCE_ADD    0    //add a datasource
#define        DATASOURCE_MOD    1    //delete "
#define        DATASOURCE_DEL    2    //modify "

Maybe the constants are switched

.dan.g.

Oct 26, 2018, 1:47:09 AM10/26/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I did add some more logging so you will need everyone to add '-g' to the shortcut to run TDL.

.dan.g.

Oct 26, 2018, 1:53:47 AM10/26/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
ps. "ODBCAccess.h" is not actually used anywhere in the application

pistesil

Oct 26, 2018, 12:56:47 PM10/26/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan, maybe this file help you track the problem
ToDoList_errorlog.txt
This conversation is locked