Question: Open a file in the external program via File Link Field or Custom Field

FR

Apr 1, 2019, 4:35:56 PM4/1/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have a File_Version_Control and File Link field.

I'm trying to add a file with .3b extension (3D-Coat program file) into this fieds. After that,
When I click on the icon to open the file in 3D-Coat appear two messages in a row saying that the file could not be opened because the file does not exist or I do not have access right.

There is nothing wrong with the file. The file exists. And I set up ToDoList with Administrator right.

I made another test by adding a file with .OBJ extension and the file opened properly in the Obj viewer program.

I have 2 questions, please help me:

1) How do I open any file without having these problems?

2) How do I define which specific program to open the file externally? (example: Opening the .OBJ file in Blender)

Thank you very much for your attention.

todolist_open_file_in_program_fail.jpg

.dan.g.

Apr 1, 2019, 7:51:37 PM4/1/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks for your detailed report/question, FR.

TDL uses Windows to open all file links (except .tdl) so it sounds to me most likely to be a configuration problem.

Try verifying that the file associations are correct and if the problem still persists I'm happy to install the apps and look more deeply into it.

Dan

FR

Apr 1, 2019, 8:58:43 PM4/1/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your answer!
This helped a lot! That was the reason for my problem.
I thought there would be some way to set up programs and extensions in ToDoList.

Thank you.

Em segunda-feira, 1 de abril de 2019 17:35:56 UTC-3, FR escreveu:
Hello,

I have a File_Version_Control and File Link field.

I'm trying to add a file with .3b extension (3D-Coat program file) into this fieds. After that,
When I click on the icon to open the file in 3D-Coat appear two messages in a row saying that the file could not be opened because the file does not exist or I do not have access right.

There is nothing wrong with the file. The file exists. And I set up ToDoList with Administrator right.

I made another test by adding a file with .OBJ extension and the file opened properly in the Obj viewer program.

I have 2 questions, please help me:

1) How do I open any file without having these problems?

2) How do I define which specific program to open the file externally? (example: Opening the .OBJ file in Blender)

.dan.g.

Apr 4, 2019, 5:20:48 AM4/4/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> I thought there would be some way to set up programs and extensions in ToDoList.

I try not to duplicate functionality already present in Windows :)