Question: Issue when having custom attributes+export as CSV - when importing the exported CSV - the custom attributes are lost

Cotfas VLAD NICOLAE

Feb 17, 2017, 3:54:00 PM2/17/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dan,

When I`m trying to export as a CSV with custom attributes, these attributes are found in the CSV file but when I`m trying to import the exported CSV the custom attributes are lost and are not linked with the .TDL project.

Please see attached files

Thank you in advance!

With regards,

Vlad
1. custom attributes.png
2. exporting tasks.png
3. exporting tasks with all visibile columns (including custom attributes).png
4. exported with custom attributes.png
5. importing tasks.png
6. importing CSV - no custom attributes.png
Enel.csv
Enel.tdl

.dan.g.

Feb 17, 2017, 10:15:09 PM2/17/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vlad

Currently when importing Custom Attributes you need to set the mapping (right hand side column) to Custom Attribute or Custom Attribute (List) as below.

This is because the CSV Importer is fairly generic and doesn't make any assumptions about what the attributes are.

However, as I write this, I realise that there might be something I can do to greatly improve this. Thx :)

.dan.g.

Jun 13, 2017, 1:35:12 AM6/13/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
7.2 attempts to match up any imported attributes with the definitions of any currently loaded tasklists so that attribute information is not lost.