Suggestion: Drag-Drop Support between task lists

Fitnerd

Oct 25, 2018, 4:40:19 PM10/25/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I was trying to use the Weekly Planner view for the first time, and thought that it would be real nice to be able to drag-drop tasks from another task list (say opened in another ToDo List instance/window) directly into corresponding/selected "slot". Right now there is no easy way to accomplish this. Even with copy-paste it does not seem to work with Weekly Planner view.

Also, there is a bug in the 7.2 RC10 version that when you make a selection of time in the Weekly Planner view (without selecting any tasks) and begin typing on the keyboard (i.e. entering a task's title), that view crashes with NullRefernceException. What you have to currently do is first press Ctrl+N (or whatever shortcut is defined for the new task) and only then start typing. This is somewhat counter-intuitive for similar views in other programs.

What I was really hoping to accomplish with Weekly Planner View is the ability to effectively schedule tasks. So the workflow would be: on the Task List 1, I would plan tasks (say using List View), assign priorities, etc. And then I would drag-drop them onto specific time slots in the Weekly Planner View on Task List 2 (oepned in another TDL instance for example). However this thing does not seem to be possible right now. Yet, this is quite common planning routine I would imagine.

Thank you.

.dan.g.

Oct 26, 2018, 1:55:49 AM10/26/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Fitnerd

Since these can both be categorised as bugs I would ask that you repost them separately to the 7.2.RC10 thread which is the way I like to do things with pre-release versions...

Fitnerd

Oct 26, 2018, 3:31:19 AM10/26/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Do you mean that lack of Drag-Drop support between different task lists (in different TDL instances) is also a bug?

.dan.g.

Oct 26, 2018, 4:52:04 AM10/26/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
No. I mean "Even with copy-paste it does not seem to work with Weekly Planner view." is a bug.

I don't proposed to support drag and drop between tasklists as Copy/Should work.