Question: full link to one task accesible from windows

ritt arch

Nov 14, 2018, 1:08:05 PM11/14/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dan,

since you helped us already a few times with your brilliantly connected error guessing we are here to get another aid from you.

we have generated a full task link as you can see below:

tdl://Q:\Mitarbeiter\KB\ToDo%20KB.tdl?38

since we would like to open a particular task in a todolist from windows (as example outlook email or word) we substituted "tdl://" by "file://"
unfortunately only the certain task list is opened but not the specific task. is that possible?

we do have the impression that the question mark is causing the problem or is windows simply ignoring it to be passed on.

we made a test with the following parameter
Q:\Mitarbeiter\KB\ToDoList.exe ToDo%20KB.tdl -tid 38
and this is working only in the shell.

any suggestions from you side?

many thanks in advance,
ritt

.dan.g.

Nov 14, 2018, 6:29:36 PM11/14/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> we substituted "tdl://" by "file://"

Don't do this.

Instead enable this: Tools > Preferences > General > Enable 'tdl://' as a url protocol (requires admin permissions)

ritt arch

Nov 27, 2018, 9:03:34 AM11/27/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello Dan,

this only works in a browser, we would like to have this in windows environment: like Outlook or Worddocument.
So we use file:\\ which opens at least the tasklist but nit the specific task.
Do you see any other way to make this work?
Thank you for your effort!

yours,

ritt

.dan.g.