Suggestions: add version reference to initial popup window

G-Eric

Dec 20, 2016, 5:52:16 PM12/20/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,

Today, I have to install a TDL pack and open the "About" menu item to be able to identify the version.

I suggest to have the version number (e.g. "v7.1.RC4") being displayed in the 1st initial screen (presented when doing the 1 st launch for the basic configuration).

Thanks for considering this suggestion - Eric

.dan.g.

Dec 21, 2016, 5:56:36 PM12/21/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Eric

Why do you need to know what the current version is when you are updating?

G-Eric

Dec 22, 2016, 4:32:09 AM12/22/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,

I keep the different EXE of TDL to make testing.
When I have an unexpected behaviour and want to test it with a previous version, I go in my "store" to unzip a previous version (i.e. to test from scracth & clean).
In this case, I would find it easy to see immediateley when doing the initial launch that the release currently launched is indeed the one I think it is.

I hope this clarify the reason of my suggestion.
Season greetings - Eric

.dan.g.

Dec 22, 2016, 8:23:01 PM12/22/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Eric, I understand now.

I used to include the version number in the title bar but removed it at some point in the past (as unnecessary!).

Perhaps I can restore it, but relegate it to the status bar. Would that be sufficient?

Merry Xmas to you and yours. Dan

G-Eric

Dec 23, 2016, 9:28:22 AM12/23/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your attention for this.
Yes, status bar would be sufficient for me: the point is to get it "somewhere" at the opening, to avoid to path thru installation process and Help>About.

I wish you & yours a safe, peaceful, happy holiday / Xmas season - Eric

.dan.g.

Jan 1, 2017, 4:41:11 AM1/1/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Just (for me) to be absolutely clear, is this the 'initial popup window' you are referring to?

G-Eric

Jan 1, 2017, 3:40:19 PM1/1/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Yes, indeed - I was dreaming to read e.g.
   - either in the top title bar "ToDoList Setup   ( 7.1.RC4 )"
   - or in the top text box "Welcome to ToDoList   ( 7.1.RC4 )"

IMHO, the top title bar seams to be the most logical and the less "user disturbant" place as it is then merged in the technical part of the displayed information.
Who needs to find it will spot it and get on the fly the searched information.

Now, if easier, it might even be in the previous screen where language is selected, e.g. at the empty place between the round blue 'question mark' button and the central 'OK' button (as title bar is already quite full).

I hope this helps to clarify, and thank you for your attention to this - Happy 2017 !   :-)

.dan.g.

Jan 5, 2017, 1:47:00 AM1/5/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Added to 7.1.

G-Eric

Jan 5, 2017, 10:47:07 AM1/5/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks a lot - Helpful to manage debugging tests efficiently.
( I notice you already marked it as "complete" to close the case )