Question: Can I auto set status based on criteria?

Dave

Jan 7, 2019, 10:38:22 AM1/7/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks - I searched for this and didn't find anything.

All I'm looking to do is automatically set status to Active if a task's start date has been reached so I can filter on it.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

.dan.g.

Jan 7, 2019, 7:19:24 PM1/7/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
So the underlying requirement is to be able to filter on tasks started by 'today'?

Dave Crain

Jan 18, 2019, 10:34:13 AM1/18/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late response - work got crazy.

I figured out how to do this with a filter - one rule for start date today or before, and completed date not set.

Would still love to know if there is a mechanism to "set" status based on actions, but purely informational now.

Thanks!

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/

.dan.g.

Jan 19, 2019, 2:10:26 AM1/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Would still love to know if there is a mechanism to "set" status based on actions

Not as a general rule, just when a task is completed:

Tools > Preferences > Tasks > Attribute Calculations > After completing a task, set its 'Status' to:

On Tuesday, 8 January 2019 02:38:22 UTC+11, Dave wrote:
Hi folks - I searched for this and didn't find anything.

All I'm looking to do is automatically set status to Active if a task's start date has been reached so I can filter on it.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/