BUG: "Add time to Task Log file" calculates wrong

Pierre de la Verre

Jan 20, 2017, 4:14:04 AM1/20/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
The "end-time" is always set to 12:00 (noon) or 0:00 (midnight) and does not use the value entered in the dialogue. And then the "start-time" is calculated with correct time, but based at 0:00 / 12:00

(And I have to check why some of the full words for units (minutes, days, hours) are not displayed in German and French, but in Italian and English. Translate.exe does not show an empty string ..

.dan.g.

Jan 20, 2017, 9:14:02 PM1/20/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hmm, that's not what I'm seeing...

TODOTIMELOG VERSION 1
Task ID Title User ID Start Date Start Time End Date End Time Time Spent (Hrs) Comment Type Path
18 Filtering Tasks WM_QU 2017-01-21 17:00 2017-01-21 18:00 1.000 Adjusted
18 Filtering Tasks WM_QU 2017-01-21 17:30 2017-01-21 18:00 0.500 Adjusted

What 'version' is your log file?

Peter .

Feb 1, 2017, 5:29:41 AM2/1/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dan

any ideas what is going wrong on this machine? Win 10 German, Swiss

I tried with current update, with „run as admin“, ... – time tracking works fine, time adding does not ...

.dan.g.

Feb 1, 2017, 5:34:49 AM2/1/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> What 'version' is your log file?

Peter .

Feb 1, 2017, 5:38:17 AM2/1/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

Version 1

It happens also with completely new tasklists and new logs, also with new INI file

.dan.g.

Feb 1, 2017, 6:09:11 PM2/1/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks Peter.

I'll try to reproduce it using your regional settings on Windows 10 with 'Introduction.tdl'.

Pierre de la Verre

Feb 2, 2017, 3:05:39 AM2/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I tried with
- 7.1 RC1 - same problem.
- 7.0 RC5 - works fine

It seems that there is a new feature of "automatically check the regional settings" between 7.0 and 7.1. On first start after installation, the old version shows me "English langugae" as default, the new version set "German" as default.

Maybe this feature creates the problem?

.dan.g.

Feb 2, 2017, 4:43:15 AM2/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Maybe this feature creates the problem?

So if you select 'English' at startup, does it then work?

Pierre de la Verre

Feb 2, 2017, 4:52:28 AM2/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
No - it has nothing to do with the selected language. In 7.1 I select English or German - it is also wrong. In 7.0 I select German - it works fine.

So it is broken(?) between 7.0 and 7.1

.dan.g.

Feb 2, 2017, 5:06:22 AM2/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Finally, can you:

1. Delete ini file
2. Run 7.1.0.11
3. Change to English
4. Open Introduction.tdl
5. Add 15min to the first task at 9pm, 2nd Feb
6. Close TDL
7. Send me the ini, the tasklist and the time log file

.dan.g.

Feb 2, 2017, 7:46:39 PM2/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx for all your help Pierre, I finally can reproduce it and will release a fix later today.

It was caused by a bug in my code triggered by various external factors.

Peter .

Feb 3, 2017, 2:10:30 AM2/3/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

Great – thank you. It was certainly a really tricky topic.

Have a fine day!

.dan.g.

Feb 3, 2017, 4:32:25 AM2/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support