BUG: Drag and Drop of ICS file starts Outlook

SJ

Mar 15, 2017, 8:28:31 PM3/15/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi, it seems the drag and drop handler of todolist is closely tied with Microsoft Outlook.
I tried to drag and drop a ics (calander) file thinking that it might open the Import dialog box.  But I noticed Outlook is started at the background.
The same experience for text file drag and drop.

It would be better if the drag and drop handler launch Import dialog box (which can include Drag & Drop Source/Dnd source as additional option just like windows clipboard) and automatically select ics or outlook as Import option or text file as import option based on the item dragged.

Thanks
SJ

.dan.g.

Mar 16, 2017, 8:41:11 PM3/16/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx SJ.

I will fix the 'Outlook starting' issue in 7.1, and add drag and drop importing to 7.2.

SJ

Mar 16, 2017, 11:31:47 PM3/16/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks!

.dan.g.

Mar 17, 2017, 5:40:34 AM3/17/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.1.2?

SJ

Mar 17, 2017, 10:35:59 PM3/17/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
yes it is. I am unable to drag anything now as it shows no drop icon.
do I need to keep this open for add drag and drop importing to 7.2 or you have a different tracking.

.dan.g.

Mar 18, 2017, 2:22:45 AM3/18/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> do I need to keep this open for add drag and drop importing to 7.2 or you have a different tracking.

Ideally you would submit that request in a separate ticket so the bug can be signed off :D