Suggestion: Kanban View

Emre Sipahi

Aug 5, 2018, 9:22:46 PM8/5/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all, thank you for this wonderful free software. I hope, you never get bored keeping this software updated :)

I love using Kanban Style to track my tasks. I arranged my task status to "Backlog(To do)"; " Today"; "In Progress";  "Done" vs. to achieve a view like this;

kanban ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Here are a few suggestion for the Kanban View;

  • Right now, i can not sort items in the Kanban View. It would be great if we could sort the coloumns according to priority, catogeries, etc.
  • It would be great if we could manually move tasks up and down in the corresponding coloumn.
  • It would be great if we can see the subtasks right underneath the task to achieve a view something like this;
               Ã„°lgili resim

I will be really greatful if you can implent these to your beatifull software :)

.dan.g.

Aug 6, 2018, 5:52:15 AM8/6/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Emre

Before I answer could you please fill in the categories at the top of the page...

Emre Sipahi

Aug 6, 2018, 9:26:12 AM8/6/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

Hi Dan again,

Sorry for this. I am really noob at using Google Groups. I thought i fill those but i can not change it now :)

Category : Suggestion
ToDoList Version : 7.1.5 (But checking out 7.2)
Operating System : Windows 7

My Kanban View is something like this, i also wrote my comments on the image. Hope this helps so that i can recieve your answer :)

.dan.g.

Aug 6, 2018, 10:15:17 PM8/6/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Emre.

Version 7.2 is definitely the way to go and I'm planning RC3 for tomorrow.

1. Sorting subtasks below their respective parent task is much improved
2. I will be adding a kanban preference to indent subtasks for better readability
3. Editing of task titles is fixed (7.1.5 requires 'F2' to edit labels)
4. Sorting (which also works in 7.1.5) is via the main application menu and applies to all Kanban column
5. I don't have plans to support manual reordering because manual reordering and sorting never play well together in my experience.

Emre Sipahi

Aug 7, 2018, 12:50:36 AM8/7/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Dan, thank you for your response :) Looking forward to RC3.

Big fan of your software!...

.dan.g.

Aug 10, 2018, 11:29:43 PM8/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
7.2.RC3 is now available

Emre Sipahi

Aug 14, 2018, 7:58:46 AM8/14/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thank you. I will add some new comments about RC3 in a new topic.