BUG: Copying Outlook import tasks from DR5 to 7.0.13 doesn't copy file link

amar

Mar 4, 2016, 2:43:54 PM3/4/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
I understand that it's not supported , but just thought of informing (if it creates any value to community ), I am able to copy mails (converted to task) from DR5 to 7.0.13 (using new task list for caution) and it's working without any issues. Only feature that I do not get in copied email tasks is 'file link' but no complains.

.dan.g.

Mar 6, 2016, 3:47:36 AM3/6/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
So this is a bug report because tasks copied from 7.1 to 7.0 lose the file link?

amar

Mar 6, 2016, 8:47:42 PM3/6/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Not a bug to me , just sharing the info.

.dan.g.

Mar 6, 2016, 8:57:22 PM3/6/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Copying tasks from one version to another _is_ a supported operation.

All that happens if the new version has new attributes is that the older version will not import them.

So if copying from 7.1 to 7.0 loses the filelink then this could be a bug.

Can you reproduce it with the 'Introduction.tdl' tasklist?

If so, can you post a bug report with the steps to reproduce pls?

amar

Mar 7, 2016, 9:27:52 PM3/7/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,

I run the test as suggested , in both cases 'File Link' text box (in the bottom) didn't pick the value , I made file link task attribute visible in the task list and able to see icon.

Steps 1 > Import email in dr5 ( File link shows in text box)
Step 2 > Copy email tasks from dr5 to 7.0.13

let me know if you wish to tag it as bug and I will transfer it to appropriate section.

.dan.g.

Mar 7, 2016, 10:40:56 PM3/7/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx, I've updated the task title appropriately