Question: Drag and drop Outlook email onto existing task makes bad link

flight16

Feb 20, 2017, 2:16:43 AM2/20/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if this is a bug, but it's not working as I expected.

When I drag and drop an Outlook message onto an empty place in the task list it creates a linked message.  That's fantastic.  The link is in the form outlook://<very long number>.

When I drag and drop an Outlook message onto an existing task, it fills in the File Link field.  So far so good.  But the link is of the form "outlook://us...@email.com/Folder/Email Subject" and it doesn't open in Outlook.

Since I can drag and drop email to create new tasks, I expected I could drag and drop email to add a link to existing tasks.

.dan.g.

Feb 21, 2017, 6:29:58 PM2/21/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi f16

Some links of the 'readable' form will just not open in Outlook, for reasons I can't be exactly sure of. Hence if I think this is going to be a problem I use the '<very long number>' which is simply Outlook's internal ID for the message.

If you want to email me the exact title of the offending message(s) then I can create similarly name messages for myself and investigate it further.

abstractspoon2(at)optusnet.com.au

woso148

Jun 16, 2017, 2:59:22 AM6/16/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi,

is there already a solution? I have the same issue. Drag a link which has a short subject is working. But if there are longer subjects it's not working.
Would be nice if this feature will work.

.dan.g.

Jun 17, 2017, 5:31:58 AM6/17/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
If you want to email me the exact title(s) of the offending message(s) then I can create similarly name messages for myself and investigate it further.