Question: Stylesheet problems

Johannes Leopold

Oct 21, 2015, 5:35:12 AM10/21/15
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir or Madam,

we’re using ToDoList for a long time now and are absolutely happy with your software.
A couple days ago, we started to get a little more into detail and ended up creating an own stylesheet, which fits our needs. I can say that we are satisfied with the outcome, even if we have no experience with xsl.
The reason I’m writing you is because there are still “minor” bugs we can’t solve.
We use Altova XMLSpy to edit the stylesheet file and preview the transformation.
I took screenshots from both print previews, ToDoList and XMLSpy, with the same (source) files for xml/tdl and xsl. This will show you why I think the problem must be “outside” of our xsl file.

Thanks for your Help!
1_XMLSpy.jpg
2_TDL_date.jpg
3_TDL_nodate.jpg
4_TDL_nodate_completed.jpg

.dan.g.

Oct 22, 2015, 12:04:44 AM10/22/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Johannes

Can you attach your stylesheet and the sample tasklist shown in the screenshots pls?

Dan

.dan.g.

Oct 22, 2015, 10:12:04 PM10/22/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
And can you fill in the necessary categories also pls?

Johannes Leopold

Oct 27, 2015, 2:21:37 AM10/27/15
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Here is the necessary stylesheet. What do you mean exactly with the categories?

Thank you
Johannes
RTS-specific-todoList-StyleSheet.xsl

.dan.g.

Oct 27, 2015, 4:55:52 AM10/27/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Here is the necessary stylesheet

Thx, can I have the tasklist too pls?

>> What do you mean exactly with the categories?

See the attached image. You'll need to access the group in your browser to set the categories.
leopold.png

Johannes Leopold

Nov 2, 2015, 9:04:54 AM11/2/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I don't have the ToDoList anymore. But this is a general bug in each list.

Johannes

.dan.g.

Nov 2, 2015, 6:41:23 PM11/2/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Unfortunately I need a verifiable dataset for testing Johannes, otherwise I've no idea if I'm investigating the exact same issue that you are seeing.

So I can't really proceed with this until I have a matching set of: Tasklist, stylesheet and Print Preview images.

Considering also that the problem may be entirely at your end, it's not a lot to ask :)

Tony G

Nov 3, 2015, 3:36:03 PM11/3/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Johannes, to get a report similar to the one you're developing, try running a transform through my stylesheet tgEstimatesAndActuals_eng.xsl. You can tune the output using variables defined at the top of the script. For my own use I have several copies of this stylesheet that generate different output, with appropriate names for easy selection.

I'm sorry that I haven't completed the wiki documentation for XSL Transforms, but I will be using material from all of the following links. I hope the info here is helpful.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/898616/ToDoLists-StyleSheets-a-tutorial
http://www.codeproject.com/Messages/5058565/Colors-and-XSL-Just-an-FYI-comment.aspx
http://www.codeproject.com/Messages/5057269/Re-Added-support-for-transform-stylesheets-to-spec.aspx
http://www.codeproject.com/Messages/5057955/Re-Rich-Text-Comments-in-XSLT-Transform.aspx