BUG: Dependency dialogue box appears but no dependency set

Ralph Earey

Sep 12, 2017, 5:26:44 PM9/12/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan, In 7.1.4.2 When attempting to tick te complete box for the highlighted task, a dialogue box appears advising that the task on which this task is dependent must be completed first. However, there is no dependency set on this task.
2017-09-12 22_19_57-Dependency.png

.dan.g.

Sep 13, 2017, 4:15:18 AM9/13/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ralph

I think you've fallen foul of a bug that inserted a single <space> character for tasks without a Dependency, causing the app to think it has a dependency but it not appearing to have one in the edit field.

If I'm correct then displaying the 'Dependency' column will show an icon for that task.

I believe from memory that clicking in the Dependency field and hitting the space bar should be enough to reset the attribute and fix the problem.

If this does not work then you will need to send me the tasklist because it sounds like something new...

Ralph Earey

Sep 18, 2017, 7:45:39 AM9/18/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Spot-on, worked a treat - thx

Ralph Earey

Oct 13, 2017, 3:36:34 AM10/13/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan, your workround does indeed work but it's a real pain as I have to do that for for every task that I want to click to complete on a TDL project with hundreds of tasks. I've used the same TDL for an annual event or years and not experienced this before. Sounds like a bug?

.dan.g.

Oct 13, 2017, 5:17:17 AM10/13/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Do you use any actual dependencies in that tasklist?

Ralph Earey

Oct 14, 2017, 4:51:06 AM10/14/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
None at all (I think)

.dan.g.

Oct 14, 2017, 9:00:05 PM10/14/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
In that case:

1. Make sure the Dependency edit field is visible
2. Switch to the List View
3. 'Edit > Select All'
4. Type a <space> in the Dependency field which should reset the Dependency on every task
5. Save

If it happens again then it's obviously not the historical bug I previously fixed and I will attend to it.

Ralph Earey

Oct 15, 2017, 1:11:22 PM10/15/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Dan - that's worked - I'll monitor it.

.dan.g.

Oct 17, 2017, 5:38:26 AM10/17/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx mate.

I'll close this issue but just reopen it or post a new bug if it appears again.