Suggestion: Drag and drop new task from comments

Tony D

Jan 24, 2017, 12:23:58 PM1/24/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
I use ToDoList for recording meeting minutes. It keeps everything in one place and organised such that I don't have to search for minutes in a folder system. What I would like to be able to do is to convert an "action" e.g. "TD to issue minutes by DD/MM/YY" recorded in the comments section, to a task, by selecting the text and dragging it to the task list.

.dan.g.

Jan 24, 2017, 8:53:46 PM1/24/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Welcome Tony.

If you are using 7.1 try this:
  1. Select and copy the required text (Ctrl+C)
  2. Right-click on 'target' task
  3. Paste After/As Subtask (or Ctrl+V/Ctrl+Shift+V)
  4. Select 'Outline' from the popup dialog (this will be remembered)
  5. OK
It's not as slick as drag and drop but it does allow you to import other formats.

Tony D

Jan 25, 2017, 5:46:00 AM1/25/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Dan,

Thanks for that. It works well, although it would be nice if the "Import tasks from Outline" dialog didn't pop up each time. Could you check for single line text and skip this step if true? The indent is specified in the global preferences anyway.