Question: Re-enumerate ID

Domingo García

Aug 23, 2017, 1:50:35 PM8/23/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
¡Hello! Is it possible to re-enumerate the task list ID once you reordered it? It would be very usefull for me.

.dan.g.

Aug 24, 2017, 7:02:38 AM8/24/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Unfortunately not.

But you could export the tasklist to CSV, renumber the task IDs in Excel and then import the CSV to create a new tasklist.

armroid FU

Dec 14, 2017, 6:27:41 PM12/14/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the tool. I have moved myself from spreadsheet to TDL.

I'm not sure if the group rule allows me to post on a old topic. Apologies

Here is the question:
How to enumerate task IDs and parent task IDs in excel? When I tried I'm loosing the  desired hierarchies.
I would prefer an option in TDL itself which would be handy.

All the above are required because the present way of adding dependency is painful if we are not using "New dependent task". Can I expect some feature graphically add dependencies? The option in Gantt chart is difficult. Similar functionality in Tree view would be better.

-Armroid

.dan.g.

Dec 16, 2017, 1:52:54 AM12/16/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> How to enumerate task IDs and parent task IDs in excel?

Have you tried exporting to CSV and then looking at the output?

It's fairly straightforward, you just need to ensure that the Parent ID and Task ID are exported and imported.

>> Can I expect some feature graphically add dependencies? The option in Gantt chart is difficult

What's difficult about it?

armroid FU

Dec 18, 2017, 1:29:50 AM12/18/17

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 12:22:54 PM UTC+5:30, .dan.g. wrote:
>> How to enumerate task IDs and parent task IDs in excel?

Have you tried exporting to CSV and then looking at the output?

It's fairly straightforward, you just need to ensure that the Parent ID and Task ID are exported and imported.

Yes. I have seen it exported in CSV and opened in spreadsheet. If I re-assign the task ID for the child tasks by just dragging then the parent and the child relationship is messed up. All I have to do is carefully change the child and the parent relationship one by one. Is there any easy way to re-assign the tasks' ID while maintaining the hierarchy?

>> Can I expect some feature graphically add dependencies? The option in Gantt chart is difficult

What's difficult about it?

The difficulty I face in Gantt chart while I'm adding dependency graphically is, I loose track of which bar corresponds to a task. I would prefer clicking on task name instead of its bar.

.dan.g.

Dec 18, 2017, 7:35:01 PM12/18/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> If I re-assign the task ID for the child tasks by just dragging then the parent

Sounds like you're asking trouble. Why would you want to do this when you can drag and drop in TDL on the 'Task Tree'?

>> I would prefer clicking on task name instead of its bar.

I'll see what can be done.