Info: ToDoList 7.2.RC6 is available for download

.dan.g.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:02:08 AM9/2/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Everyone

Get it here or if you have any previous 7.2 pre-release you can update via 'Help > Check for Updates'.

Please only add bug reports and comments about 7.2 to this thread.
Comments elsewhere will be ignored.

What's Changed from 7.2.RC5:
  • Fixed 'Edit Task Icon' dialog focus when opened from 'Mind Map'
  • Fixed 'Attribute Visibility' grid column widths
  • Fixed 'Week Planner' not updating 'Time Estimate'
  • Fixed 'Week Planner' off-by-one-hour bug creating new tasks
  • Fixed 'Week Planner' drag and drop cursors
  • Fixed 'Week Planner' determination of 'long appointments'
  • Added resizability to 'Task Reminders' dialog
  • Added support for inheriting 'Custom Attribute' values from parent task
Enjoy!

Koruneko

Sep 6, 2018, 4:08:28 AM9/6/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When copying/pasting a table from Excel in comments (Rich Text mode), then putting a shortcut link after (to a file, an Outlook email ...), the hyperlink generated doesn't feet properly and doesn't work properly.

The problem doesn't occur in Simple text mode, so I can use the link anyway by switching between the two modes ...

Regards,

.dan.g.

Sep 7, 2018, 11:57:59 PM9/7/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks Koruneko.

This has been reported before but the fix is quite substantial so I won't be releasing it until 7.3.

Koruneko

Sep 10, 2018, 3:25:34 AM9/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
OK Thanks.

mikro

Sep 10, 2018, 5:05:14 AM9/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
BUG: Gantt Chart: Taskinfo Columns resized before executing "Save Task View to Image"

Hi Dan,
I'm back from holidays and just got to working with the new RC. So this is what I found ;)

If I export the Task view to an Image, after I arranged the view and executed the "save to" command the column width is resized.
For Start and Due Dates for example I only use "DD.MM" Format.
With the automated column resizing it is not possible to Export a Gantt Plan with that Format.

Before "save to Image"

After "save to Image"

The saved Image itself has an error in the alignment of the column Separators between the head and following seperators.

cheers
Mikro

Pierre de la Verre

Sep 10, 2018, 3:27:42 PM9/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Under "Options - Language" there is the button "Edit..."

It only starts the translation tool, but it does not load a language file. Is it intended or no

Pierre de la Verre

Sep 10, 2018, 3:30:39 PM9/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I have a new tasklist with only one task which starts at "01.03.2019" (March) - the export to Gantt-project shows a start-date one day before - at 28.02.2019. Same with start 01.01.2019 - export creates a start at 31.12.2018.

A start at 01.04.2019 stays correct at first of April .. ??
unbenannt1.gan
unbenannt1.tdl

.dan.g.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:22:47 PM9/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks for reposting Peter.

This is a daylight saving issue which was fixed elsewhere but not here. Good catch.

.dan.g.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:23:32 PM9/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks Peter.

The problem is that I forgot to double-quote the language file path and it contains spaces!

.dan.g.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:27:58 PM9/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>>  With the automated column resizing it is not possible to Export a Gantt Plan with that Format.

True. And unfortunately the column resizing is IMO the better of the two possibilities.

My reasoning is that people typically resize columns smaller because of a lack of horizontal space, and so when producing the image I decided to recalculate the full width of the columns.

However, I will fix the alignment of the column header for the next update.

.dan.g.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:32:24 PM9/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hmm, I'm not able to reproduce this...

.dan.g.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:43:10 PM9/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood. Are you referring to the fact that the previous column widths are not restored afterwards?

.dan.g.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:57:18 PM9/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Sorry Mikro, I am completely wrong in what I said!

In the Task Tree and List View none of the columns get resized except the task Title, and all other views should be consistent with this.

mikro

Sep 11, 2018, 2:15:47 AM9/11/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,
In my case the horizontal space space issue is my point why I would enable resized columns.
The 'missing' year Information would covered with the gantt chart.
But ok, that's a design decision.

mikro

Sep 11, 2018, 2:22:59 AM9/11/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Bug: Opening multiple lists via explorer or file Dialog in quick succession instantiates multiple ToDoList windows though porperties option 'allow multiple instances' is not checked.

Hi Dan,
verifing your fix for the disabled network Connection I noticed that opening 5 lists from the windows taskbar sticky files in quick succesion, meaning before the previously selected list is fully loaded, results in multiple open ToDoList windows even though the preference option is not set to allow that.

Seems like a minor issue to me so no worries, but maby you would like to address that.

Cheers
Mikro

.dan.g.

Sep 11, 2018, 3:29:55 AM9/11/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks Peter.

The problem is that I forgot to double-quote the language file path and it contains spaces!

On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 05:27:42 UTC+10, Pierre de la Verre wrote:
Message has been deleted

.dan.g.

Sep 11, 2018, 3:36:03 AM9/11/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
See my later comment in the original thread

.dan.g.

Sep 11, 2018, 3:42:24 AM9/11/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
There are a number of ways to detect existing instances and my current method depends on the main window of any existing instance being communicative, which takes a bit longer to achieve..

In the past I also used another method which detected the existence of a system-wide token that is created by the first instance. I must have refactored it out without understanding its importance.

I'll see what I can do.

On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 16:22:59 UTC+10, mikro wrote:
Bug: Opening multiple lists via explorer or file Dialog in quick succession instantiates multiple ToDoLists windows though porperties option 'allow multiple instances' is not checked.

mikro

Sep 14, 2018, 5:30:56 AM9/14/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
BUG: Category Filter generates hits on partial matches.

Hi Dan,
just noticed the following bug.

A tasklist features categories "Projekt" and "Projektplan".
If I apply "Projektplan" in the category filter I get the expected results of tasks having "Projektplan" set as category.
If I apply "Projekt" as filter criteria I get all tasks having "Projekt" set as well as all tasks featuring "Projektplan".
Example tdl list attached.

I assume the filter by error checks for partial matches in the list.

cheers
Mikro

Am Sonntag, 2. September 2018 06:02:08 UTC+2 schrieb .dan.g.:
Category Filtering Bug.tdl
Category Bug Trace.zip

.dan.g.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:12:06 AM9/16/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.2.RC7

.dan.g.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:12:21 AM9/16/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.2.RC7

.dan.g.

Sep 16, 2018, 5:34:19 AM9/16/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.2.RC7

.dan.g.

Sep 18, 2018, 3:27:16 AM9/18/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Mikro, it's actually an old bug that I hadn't previously been able to figure out the best fix for.

But now you have highlighted it I find the solution is quite easy!

mikro

Sep 19, 2018, 4:18:24 AM9/19/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Sometimes a little while and a different angle are all it takes ;). Glad I could help!