BUG: High DPI error - Filter bar only 1 row and truncated - Tasklist width not changeable

topforum

Feb 17, 2019, 11:16:33 AM2/17/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hallo,

(1)

Error - the filter bar is only visible in a row. There must be 2 rows.

The Fiter Bar is cut off in full screen at 2560 x 1080.

To cancel the full screen and set it again is a workaround at the moment.

(2)

Left in the picture - the points for changing the window width between text and task list are missing.
The window width cannot be changed.

To the right in the picture to see - the points are there, as it should be.

best regards

Bildschirmauflösung_2560_1080_Filter_Bar_abgeschnitten_im_Vollbild_und_Verschiebeleiste_01_sshot-2019-02-17_16-59-31.jpg
Bildschirmauflösung_2560_1080_Filter_Bar_abgeschnitten_im_Vollbild_und_Verschiebeleiste_01_sshot-2019-02-17_17-00-02.jpg

.dan.g.

Feb 17, 2019, 7:04:40 PM2/17/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce this please?

topforum

Feb 17, 2019, 8:24:27 PM2/17/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I have a monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1080.

The Todolist window is maximized!

I'm opening another TDL file.

This file is opened incorrectly as shown on the screenshot.

This effect disappears for the currently loaded file when I leave the full screen mode of Todolist.

Then I go back to full screen mode. The same error occurs when loading the next file.

By analogy, this also works as an error when a file is opened in a new instance.

Is this helpful or what further information do you need?

.dan.g.

Feb 18, 2019, 7:45:01 PM2/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> I'm opening another TDL file.

How?

.dan.g.

Feb 18, 2019, 7:57:51 PM2/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
And can you attach your preferences file please

topforum

Feb 19, 2019, 7:21:19 AM2/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
The error already occurs if the File setting is unchanged from your setup. Just tested again. Do you still need another ini file?

I open the file either via the MRU list or via Open file.

.dan.g.

Feb 19, 2019, 6:47:29 PM2/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> The error already occurs if the File setting is unchanged from your setup

How can that be? You have clearly moved certain UI elements around which can only be done from the preferences.

So, either attach you preferences as requested or record me a bug report (Help > Record Bug Report) to I can see exactly how your setup looks...

topforum

Feb 20, 2019, 8:39:05 AM2/20/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
I gladly created the log file for you.

I proceeded as follows.

I start Todolist. The last loaded file will be opened automatically. Here the error already occurs. This error cannot be logged because logging is not automatically active when the application is restarted. Is it possible that the logging remains switched on even if Todolist is closed and restarted?

I start logging.

I close this loaded file so that Todolist is open without a file.

I open the same file again ( MRU ) and the error is present, as you can see in the screenshot.

I repeated this four times and the error is reproducible.

The error occurs regardless of the file size - even with only two entries.

Logfile

CToDoCtrl::LoadTasks(Process header) took 46 ms (20.02.2019 14:15:23)
CToDoCtrl::SetAllTasks(m_taskTree.DeleteAll) took 0 ms (20.02.2019 14:15:23)
CToDoCtrl::SetAllTasks(m_data.BuildDataModel) took 79 ms (20.02.2019 14:15:23)
CToDoCtrl::SetAllTasks(RebuildTree) took 125 ms (20.02.2019 14:15:23)
CToDoCtrl::LoadTasks(Build tree) took 204 ms (20.02.2019 14:15:23)
CToDoCtrl::LoadTasks(Restore state) took 375 ms (20.02.2019 14:15:23)
CToDoCtrl::LoadTasks(Remaining) took 31 ms (20.02.2019 14:15:23)
CToDoCtrl::LoadTasks() took 656 ms (20.02.2019 14:15:23)
CToDoCtrl::Load(D:\! Test mal an !\ToDo\Liste\Liste - aktuell - temp - ToDo.tdl) took 1203 ms (20.02.2019 14:15:24)

It also does not matter whether there are spaces in the path. The error also occurs with the following file "R:\test.tdl". It also does not matter how the file is opened. Important for reproducibility - the program Todolist is without file ( automatically opened files are closed ). And a file is opened - for example from the MRU list or via Open file.

.dan.g.

Feb 21, 2019, 1:10:46 AM2/21/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> I gladly created the log file for you.

I didn't say log file I said 'Record Bug Report' - very different.

But if you send me your preferences (ToDoList.ini) then that may be sufficient.

topforum

Feb 22, 2019, 9:15:58 AM2/22/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I have sent you the ini file to your e-mail.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the file will take us a big step further.

Maybe with the other problems I've published about this version.

Good luck! Enjoy it :-)