Info: ToDoList 7.3 DP2 (Development Preview) is Available for Download

.dan.g.

Jun 1, 2019, 11:12:05 PM6/1/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone

Get it here or update via 'Help > Check for Updates'.

Note 1: Most of the new features are essentially complete.
Note 2: Bug Reports and Comments should only be added to This thread. Comments elsewhere will be ignored.
Note 3: Feature Requests should only be made on the Main Thread. Features here will be ignored.
Note 4: DON'T USE IT FOR PRODUCTION UNLESS YOU ACCEPT THE RISK OF DATA LOSS.

What's changed from 7.3.DP1:
  1. Added new 'Report Writer' exporter
  2. Added preferences to 'Tasks > Time Periods' for specifying working hours
  3. Added 'Activate Task View' to 'View' menu to support keyboard shortcuts
  4. Added 'Selected Task Date Range' to 'Week Planner'
  5. Improved 'Task Move' performance using the keyboard
  6. Fixed double-click selection in HTML comments
  7. Fixed 'New Task' creation in 'Week Planner' when no task is currently selected
Enjoy!

Pierre de la Verre

Jun 3, 2019, 7:32:50 AM6/3/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Dan

is the download package OK? It seems to contain 7.2.13., 26.05.2019

Bob Clarke

Jun 4, 2019, 11:41:46 AM6/4/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
When I create new tasks in a tasklist I created today with 7.3.DP2, some of the tasks disappear from view as soon as they are entered.

The tasklist is called "Day to Day" and has been attached, along with my INI file, a screenshot of the raw XML showing the missing tasks in the TDL file, and a short video showing task entry when the task then disappears.

I have been through the Preferences and don't see anything set that would cause just some tasks to disappear. Since the tasks are all being created by the same user, I don't see how one of the Preferences could cause some tasks to show and others to disappear.

Bob Clarke
Day to Day.tdl
Missing tasks.png
Task disappears.mp4
ToDoList.ini

Pierre de la Verre

Jun 4, 2019, 3:17:08 PM6/4/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Bob

I can confirm that

a) it behaves like described and
b) it behaves right.

You have enable the filter "Title: Day to day" - and none of your new entries contains "day to day".
You mixed up the title "day of day" (on the tab) and the filter for title ..

Bob Clarke

Jun 4, 2019, 7:02:41 PM6/4/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks, Pierre. Not sure why my brain gets twisted sometimes with the UI and options. Guess I need to spend more time with the program.

Bob

.dan.g.

Jun 5, 2019, 2:14:14 AM6/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
My bad. The direct link was wrong. Thanks and fixed.

.dan.g.

Jun 5, 2019, 2:14:47 AM6/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Not sure why my brain gets twisted sometimes with the UI and options

Because there are too many of them!!

Vitaly Baranovsky

Jun 5, 2019, 4:47:09 AM6/5/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

I downloaded the package from the link http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip, but it still shows the 7.2.13.0 version:
image.png

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/

Pierre de la Verre

Jun 5, 2019, 6:11:38 AM6/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Vitaly

go to the first posting - the link "Get it here" is right now.

Vitaly Baranovsky

.dan.g.

Vitaly Baranovsky

Jun 7, 2019, 2:57:17 AM6/7/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
I tried from different browsers: Chrome, Opera and Tor.

Everywhere is the same result: 7.2.13.

The date of exe file is 26 May 2019 03:02 GMT. Size: 2,445,312.

When I select Help --> Check for updates, it says me:
[Window Title]
ToDoList 7.2.13.0

[Content]
There are no updates available at this time.

[ОК]

image.png
image.png

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 3:12 AM .dan.g. <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Pierre de la Verre

Jun 8, 2019, 12:23:24 PM6/8/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Vitaly

the Update-feature in the "stable-version" (the common version for everyone) does not show the developer-preview or alpha or betas.

You have to load them manually and install them independent from your working version.

The download link in the first posting is this one: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/todolist_exe_pre.zip

(yes, as written above, some days ago it contained the wrong content, but now it is OK)

Vitaly Baranovsky

Jun 9, 2019, 3:08:07 AM6/9/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
the Update-feature in the "stable-version" (the common version for everyone) does not show the developer-preview or alpha or betas.
 In the first post I see:
Get it here or update via 'Help > Check for Updates'.

 The download link in the first posting is this one: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/todolist_exe_pre.zip
This link doesn't work - 'not found' error.
Also, in the first post, the link is another

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

.dan.g.

Jun 12, 2019, 9:56:15 PM6/12/19

Yes, it was initially wrong but I fixed it to point to: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe_pre.zip

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 7:23 PM Pierre de la Verre <noju...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Vitaly

the Update-feature in the "stable-version" (the common version for everyone) does not show the developer-preview or alpha or betas.

You have to load them manually and install them independent from your working version.

The download link in the first posting is this one: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/todolist_exe_pre.zip

(yes, as written above, some days ago it contained the wrong content, but now it is OK)

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

Koruneko

Jun 13, 2019, 7:04:20 AM6/13/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In windows 10 after forcing the decimal symbol to '.', here are somme 'strange' behaviours I noticed :

- In the HTML comment panel, Cut / copy and paste buttons don't work : they seems to do anything.
- In teh HTML comment panel, the insert link bouton show the input window, but no links are inserted after clicking on insert.
- In HTML mode, drag 'n drop mails from Outllok to the comment field in order to make a shortcut doesn't work (both in 'standard' and Shift mode drag 'n drop ) : no links are created, only the fields To / Object / Send at / Categories are 'recovered'
- In HTML mode, drag 'n drop files in the comment field does not create au sortcut (neither the choice windows where specifying which type of shortcut we want). The Drag 'n drop launch the file (Word in case of a .docx by example).
- Switching between Simple/rich text mode and HTML mode break the interactive links previouly created in sample/rich text mode. I have to add a carriage return at the end of the line to rebuild the interractive link.
- in HTML mode, I can't redim cells / rows/ columns of the boards with the mouse : only moving or resizing the entire board
- In Kanban view, ticking the 'always show the backlog' parameter does not work in fixed columns mode : Backlog is not show. In standard 'attribute to follow' like 'state', Backlog column is always showed (it seems to be also a behaviour in 7.2).
- Workload : we can specify the 'allocate to' value multiple times to the same person (by example allocate to XXX a line with 5, a second line with 20 ...). Only the last value is stored and replace those which are specified in the other lines.
- Workload : Double-cliking on a parent tasks expand or 'reduce' the branch (like clicking on '+' or '-') but does not open the input window to enter the values.

Hope this help.

Regards

Vitaly Baranovsky

Jun 13, 2019, 7:08:38 AM6/13/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Now the link is correct, thank you! Also, the application is downloadable now and it shows 7.3.DP2 in the about box.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:56 AM .dan.g. <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, in the first post, the link is another

Yes, it was initially wrong but I fixed it to point to: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe_pre.zip

On Sunday, 9 June 2019 17:08:07 UTC+10, Vitaly Baranovsky wrote:
the Update-feature in the "stable-version" (the common version for everyone) does not show the developer-preview or alpha or betas.
 In the first post I see:
Get it here or update via 'Help > Check for Updates'.

 The download link in the first posting is this one: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/todolist_exe_pre.zip
This link doesn't work - 'not found' error.
Also, in the first post, the link is another

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 7:23 PM Pierre de la Verre <noju...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Vitaly

the Update-feature in the "stable-version" (the common version for everyone) does not show the developer-preview or alpha or betas.

You have to load them manually and install them independent from your working version.

The download link in the first posting is this one: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/todolist_exe_pre.zip

(yes, as written above, some days ago it contained the wrong content, but now it is OK)

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

.dan.g.

Jun 16, 2019, 8:53:33 PM6/16/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
That's great Koruneko, I should be able to get most of those fixed for DP4.

Regarding drag'n'drop: So far I have been unable to find a reliable way to override the default browser behaviour of opening dropped files. This is a known 'difficult problem'. I'll keep trying.

.dan.g.

Jun 16, 2019, 9:27:09 PM6/16/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
 >> In the HTML comment panel, Cut / copy and paste buttons don't work : they seems to do anything.
 >> In the HTML comment panel, the insert link bouton show the input window, but no links are inserted after clicking on insert.
 >> Switching between Simple/rich text mode and HTML mode break the interactive links previouly created in sample/rich text mode

Strange, I cannot reproduce any of these.

If these are still an issue in DP3, could you record a single bug report using 'Introduction.tdl ' please?

.dan.g.

Jun 16, 2019, 10:06:42 PM6/16/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Workload : Double-cliking on a parent tasks expand or 'reduce' the branch (like clicking on '+' or '-') but does not open the input window to enter the values.

You need to click on the 'Allocated to' columns. Double-clicking on the tree only expands/collapses nodes. I've tried to keep this behaviour across all of the 'tree' views.

I'll also make it so that whichever name you double-clicked on, that is the allocation value that will be selected and ready to edit when the dialog pops up.

.dan.g.

Jun 16, 2019, 10:33:35 PM6/16/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Workload : we can specify the 'allocate to' value multiple times to the same person

Do you mean 'multiple times on the same task'?

.dan.g.

Jun 16, 2019, 11:24:17 PM6/16/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> in HTML mode, I can't redim cells / rows/ columns of the boards with the mouse : only moving or resizing the entire board

Unfortunately I think this is a shortcoming of Internet Explorer itself.

On Thursday, 13 June 2019 21:04:20 UTC+10, Koruneko wrote:
Message has been deleted

Koruneko

Jun 18, 2019, 5:14:17 AM6/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello,

Yes, thats it. I've tried again in 7.3DP3 and the behaviour is different : it's no more possible to select another people in the 'allocated to' (the drop down menu is empty).
Not sure that it's the expected bug fix (i've tried to download the DP2 again to reproduce the capability of selecting multiple times the same occurence but TDL indicate that it's still in DP3 version ...) : should we able to select new 'allocated to' occurences in the drop down field ?

See the logfile attached for the DP3 behaviour,

Regards
Workload_7.3DP3 issue.zip

Koruneko

Jun 18, 2019, 5:22:33 AM6/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello,

Trying to double-click on the allocated to of an intermediate task just collapse or expand the tree : I can't specify a value.
Maybe that's the correct behaviour ?
Logfile joined.

Regards
Workload-can't_specify__value_on_intermediate_tasks.zip

Koruneko

Jun 18, 2019, 5:28:09 AM6/18/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've tried in 7.2DP3 and now there's an error message pop-up
"Object reference is not defined to an object instance"
I've tried both in Win 7 and 10.

Log joined.

Regards
Insert_link_bug.zip

.dan.g.

Jun 18, 2019, 9:30:44 PM6/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Trying to double-click on the allocated to of an intermediate task just collapse or expand the tree

Currently I've designed it so that allocations cannot be assigned to parent tasks, hence double-clicking just expands/collapses.

My reasoning is that allocations added to the parent task and the child tasks would be confusing and possibly lead to the same time being counted more than once.

.dan.g.

Jun 18, 2019, 9:34:20 PM6/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Not sure that it's the expected bug fix

Yes, it seems reasonable to me to have each person appear only once

>> should we able to select new 'allocated to' occurences

Do you mean adding new people that don't currently exist in the 'Allocated To' list?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

.dan.g.

Jun 18, 2019, 9:39:06 PM6/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Can you also attach the referenced tasklist please?

Koruneko

Jun 19, 2019, 4:04:11 AM6/19/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I've tested it with the sample tasklist given by default when installing TDL.
I've made another bug record to illustrate both insert link problem and cut/copy/paste problem. Curiously, there's no screenshot in it for the cut/copy/paste part.

When I was making the record, I noticed that in fact the insert link button is doing the job, despite the error message, but don't insert a 'new line' (the title of the link) in the comment : the hypertext format is applied to a part of the previous text in the comment box.

I join the ini, bug report and log.

Regards
Cut-Copy-Paste+Insert_link_bug.zip
ToDoList.log
ToDoList.ini
Introduction.tdl

Koruneko

Jun 19, 2019, 4:28:42 PM6/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
OK for that. No problem if it's the expected behaviour.

Regards

Koruneko

Jun 19, 2019, 4:43:08 PM6/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

Yes, it seems reasonable to me to have each person appear only once
Ok with that. In 7.3DP2, I could assign for one task several time to one person which suprised me. Bug fixed so.

Do you mean adding new people that don't currently exist in the 'Allocated To' list?
There's a dropdown list control that appear at the end of the 'assigned to' list in the workload view (labeled '<new allocation>') ; but this list is empty (see screenshots). two behaviour can be considered in my opinion :
- by clicking the '<new allocation>' line, the dropdown list control should show all the persons that are not already checked for a specified task (ideally by using the same dropdown list of checkboxes control of the traditionnal 'allocate to' control).
- If using the traditionnal control to allocate a task to someone is the only way to do so, then the drop down list should be removed.

My preference is going to the first option which is more flexible.

Regards

.dan.g.

Jun 22, 2019, 6:36:50 AM6/22/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks for your efforts but still no luck!

Can you reproduce it with this simple demo? It excludes TDL-specific code so will help me narrow down where I need to look...
This conversation is locked