Info: ToDoList 7.3 DP3 (Development Preview) is Available for Download

.dan.g.

Jun 16, 2019, 8:43:18 PM6/16/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Everyone

Get it here or update via 'Help > Check for Updates'.

Note 1: Most of the new features are essentially complete.
Note 2: Bug Reports and Comments should only be added to This thread. Comments elsewhere will be ignored.
Note 3: Feature Requests should only be made on the Main Thread. Features here will be ignored.
Note 4: DON'T USE IT FOR PRODUCTION UNLESS YOU ACCEPT THE RISK OF DATA LOSS.

What's changed from 7.3.DP2:
  1. Added 'Selected Task Path' placeholder to 'UDT Preferences' page
  2. Added new 'Print/Preview' dialog
  3. Added 'Row/Cell Properties' to 'HTML Comments' table editing
  4. Added 'Hierarchical Attribute Formatting' to 'Report Builder'
  5. Added button to 'Help > Keyboard Shortcuts' to edit shortcuts
  6. Fixed 'HTML Comments' crash
  7. Fixed 'Due task has highest Priority' having no effect on sorting
Enjoy!

Koruneko

Jun 18, 2019, 5:01:42 AM6/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello,

I'm really found off the Ctrl+D shortcut that insert in the comment field the current Date+Time. In 7.3, this shortcut doesn't work, either in sample / rich / HTML modes (other shortcuts seems OK)
Tested under windows 7 and 10.
I join the logfile.

Hope this help,

Regards
Ctrl+D issue.zip

.dan.g.

Jun 18, 2019, 9:40:47 PM6/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx, that's probably because the existing code is checking whether the focused control is an 'Edit' or 'RichEdit'.

.dan.g.

Jun 18, 2019, 9:54:32 PM6/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
ps. Thanks for all your help so early in the release process :)

Koruneko

Jun 19, 2019, 3:52:38 PM6/19/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello !

It doesn't work in any mode (simple or rich text mode are concerned by the problem).

Another annoying behaviour : when typing in the comment box, it's very usefull to navigate between words by using CTRL+ right/left arrows. In HTML mode (and only in this mode), using CTRL+arrows doesn't work as expected : the focus moves between tasks instead.
Finally, after using a carriage return in the HTML mode, the spacing between two lines is twice that of the other two modes, but can not be adjusted (see the screenshots below)

Regards

Koruneko

Jun 19, 2019, 4:16:52 PM6/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
You're welcome.
TodoList greatly contributes to simplifying my organization at work since version 7.1.
In addition to being free, it does not require administration rights to be installed / used, it is lightweight and does not store any data externally (which meet the constraints of my professional environment).

In addition, I am very interested in the possibilities offered by the HTML comment editing mode and also the reports (I had done some half-hearted tests with XSLT files but it was laborious and time-consuming).

Happy to be useful then and thank you for all your efforts to making it more and more complete / effective / essential !

Regards

Koruneko

Jun 19, 2019, 4:24:39 PM6/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello again,
In the same way as the CTRL+Arrows to navigate between words in the comment box that doesn't work in HTML mode, the tab button (and Ctrl+Tab) for indenting and unindenting lines and paragraphs doesn't work. The Tab button navigate between other controls in the TDL window rather than just acting on the text.

Regards

Vitaly Baranovsky

Jun 20, 2019, 6:53:11 AM6/20/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've found a bug in DP versions of ToDoList.

Starting from some of Development Preview versions, keyboard shortcuts to access edit fields and filter droplists have stopped working.

For instance, in 7.2.x I pressed Alt+A, and I could switch between edit field "Status" and filter droplist with the same name and could change its values with keyboard only, without taking the mouse in my hand.

Also, in the previous versions of ToDoList, the corresponding letter in edit field or filter droplist were underlined (same to menu items), to show with which letter it can be accessible with Alt. Now it isn't.

Example from 7.2.13:
image.png

Could you fix this, please? Note, it's better, when edit field selected before filter droplist (it was actually worked this way in 7.2.x versions).

The same story for other attributes. For instance:
Alt+L - 'Allocated To'
Alt+Y - 'Priority'
Alt+U - 'Due Date'
Alg+G - 'Category'

Thank you

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/

.dan.g.

Jun 22, 2019, 6:47:00 AM6/22/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> It doesn't work in any mode

Sorry, I didn't read your original post properly.

>> In HTML mode (and only in this mode), using CTRL+arrows doesn't work as expected

I'll see what I can do.

>> after using a carriage return in the HTML mode, the spacing between two lines is twice that of the other two modes

This is kind of just how HTML is, but I'll see if I can control it via css. Also, 'Ctrl + Return' inserts a line break (<br>) which is what I've been using.

.dan.g.

Jun 26, 2019, 8:29:03 PM6/26/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I'll fix this for the next update.

Vitaly Baranovsky

Jun 27, 2019, 1:46:56 AM6/27/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much!! Will loking forward for this fix!

чт, 27 июн. 2019 г., 03:29 .dan.g. <daniel...@gmail.com>:

Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

.dan.g.

Jun 30, 2019, 8:56:00 PM6/30/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.3.DP4.

Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

.dan.g.

Jun 30, 2019, 8:56:32 PM6/30/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Word navigation and insert tabs fixed in 7.3.DP4.
This conversation is locked