Question: Due Task Notifications / Dashboard

Brendan T

Nov 7, 2015, 7:18:16 AM11/7/15
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

not really feature requests.  Just a couple of ideas and questions.
For the Due task notification it seems to be triggered from either switching tasklists or loading the tasklist.  Can a direct manual trigger/button/hotkey be used?

Do you see any value in having a dashboard to give a summary of tasks to do / done?

thanks

Brendan

Tony G

Nov 7, 2015, 5:33:08 PM11/7/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I think that's what the Kanban View is going to be for, no?
I use a named filter which includes tasks that I need to view like a dashboard.
I then transform tasks from that filter through a variant of the tgEstimatesAndActuals stylesheet for clients to see the status.
Any of that help?

Brendan T

Nov 7, 2015, 8:13:11 PM11/7/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Tony,

yeah I guess the Kanban plug will be a good visual aid for this.  But there is a lot of potential data available start dates/due dates/categories of tasks/estimated time/actual time spent/tasks done by allocated person etc. So, many potential ways to slice and dice this data.

Brendan

.dan.g.

Nov 8, 2015, 8:45:07 PM11/8/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Brendan

There are a bunch of preferences to control when due task notifications are shown including turning them off entirely.

And there are commands in the Tools menu to which you can assign keyboard shortcuts.

.dan.g.

Nov 8, 2015, 8:51:37 PM11/8/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Do you see any value in having a dashboard to give a summary of tasks to do / done?

The way you describe it, it does sound exactly like the Kanban plugin.

If however you are wanting something a bit more user-defined then:

1. Either you wait for 7.2 and the hopefully enhanced Statistics plugin
2. You write a custom stylesheet and use the 'Export on Save' option in the preferences to produce a 'latest view' on your tasklist(s)

Dan