Question: File | Recent Tasklists Mouseover

Patrick Skelton

Dec 10, 2018, 3:28:37 AM12/10/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
When I click File | Recent Tasklists, the menu is not wide enough for me to be able to tell one to-do list from another.  This is caused by the fact that I have a to-do list in each of several projects and for consistency I call each one simply 'ToDoList.tdl'.  So, in the menu, I will get something like this:

D:\Data … ToDoList.tdl
D:\Data … ToDoList.tdl
D:\Data … ToDoList.tdl

A mouseover showing the full path would fix the problem.  Alternatively, maybe the submenu could be a bit wider?

- Patrick

PS - I know I am supposed to add a screenshot of what this should look like but I honestly don't have a clue how to do that with the software I have available to me.  I'm hoping this suggestion is simple enough that my idea will be easily understood without such a screenshot.  Sorry.

.dan.g.

Dec 10, 2018, 7:28:05 PM12/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Patrick

The 'Recent Files' menu is actually handled by Windows itself (in a sense) but I wholly agree that its method of reducing the file paths has problems.

I'll look at improving the situation in 7.2.

.dan.g.

Dec 10, 2018, 7:54:28 PM12/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Haha, my bad.

The Windows 'Recent File' handler simply defaults to only displaying 30 characters.

I'll change it to 128 characters in the next update to 7.2

Patrick Skelton

Dec 11, 2018, 4:16:47 AM12/11/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!  Nice when you get an easy fix.  They don't happen often (to me anyway).

- Patrick

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/