Suggestion: Command-line switches with Units

Tony G

Sep 13, 2015, 2:30:37 PM9/13/15
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

The command-line switches for Time Estimate and Time Spent (-te and -ts) reset the field value to Hours as they set the value. I believe that's a bug.

There is no provision for setting the units from a switch. For completeness, not my immediate need, I'm hoping units can be added to that as well - something like this which combines elements from a couple code modules:

if (cmdInfo.GetOption(SWITCH_TASKTIMEEST, sValue))
{
   TCHAR nUnits = GetTimeUnits(sValue, 0);
   if (nUnits)
      dTimeEstUnits = nUnits;
   else {  // if not, leave units at current setting }
   dTimeEst = _ttof(sValue);
}

Dan said: Sounds like a good idea. For now I'll correct the current behaviour not to change the existing units.

(Was GH Issue#70)

.dan.g.

Nov 10, 2015, 12:42:39 AM11/10/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I'm closing this because it is superceded by your later request.