Question: Tasks with Subtasks Don't Get Added to Calendar

Noel

Jan 28, 2018, 11:04:28 PM1/28/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Tasks that have sub-tasks do no get added to the calendar when they should.

I only want to add tasks to the calendar that have due dates, so I tick the option "Display Due Dates" and untick "Display tasks as continuous between their start and due dates"
But when the task has sub-tasks it doesn't get added to the calendar.

It seems to happen with every version I've tested.

Not sure if it's me or a bug. ;-) but I sure would like to find a solution to this problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

.dan.g.

Jan 29, 2018, 9:07:27 PM1/29/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Noel

Yes, this was just how I designed it originally in an attempt to make the number of calendar items more manageable.

I'll add a Calendar preference in 7.2 to control this.

Noel

Jan 29, 2018, 9:21:26 PM1/29/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply!

It would be another amazing addition to Todolist.
A todo list app, with calendar, kanban, and mindmap view all in one is just incredibly useful.

Currently, I can't really use the calendar as I need tasks with subtasks to appear in the calendar even more so than little subtasks itself. The main tasks of a parent task usually have subtasks, but I need those main tasks in the calendar to have a better overview of what I have to do each day. The little tasks that make up a main task would add confusion the calendar. At least in the way I work.

Thanks for your time,
Noel

.dan.g.

Feb 5, 2018, 11:01:17 PM2/5/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks for the explanation Noel, it makes heaps of sense now.

The extra preference will appear in 7.2.B5

Noel

Feb 7, 2018, 11:50:09 AM2/7/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
That's great to hear.