Suggestion: Drag a column header to group task lists

DT

Oct 11, 2016, 7:47:45 PM10/11/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Adding a feature to group a large task list by its column with nesting. I'm currently using the multiple checkbox filter but a huge problem is the large list still gets cluttered. Being able to group the list by multiple columns provides detailed type tasks while being able to view the entire task list. This prevents the user from filtering down to specifics, marking as complete, filtering out to filter down to the next.

Here is an example from no group, grouped, nested group:

.dan.g.

Oct 14, 2016, 12:50:15 AM10/14/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dave

I don't think it would be feasible to add this as a feature, I think it would need to be a whole new Task View.

I wouldn't want to add it to the Task View because that's always meant to show the actual task hierarchy.

Adding it to the List View would be possible, maybe as an extension to Multi-sort, but without being able to expand/collapse the groups.

Which leaves us with a new Task View.

BTW, what is that app in the screenshots?

Dan

DT

Oct 14, 2016, 9:46:39 AM10/14/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thank you Dan for looking over the request. A multisort on List View would be a good alternative.

The app is VIP Simple To Do List - http://www.vip-qualitysoft.com/products/organizer/