Suggestion: Optimized Print Layout for Tasklists

mikro

May 8, 2018, 6:40:09 AM5/8/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,
if a tasklist is printed with the tabular Setting new options to modify
  • column heading
  • column width
  • text allignment horiz./vertical
would be very handy!

Without these I cannot solve these issues:
1. In the enclosed pdf-print the column of the custom Attribute has a very large title because it is combined from
Attribute Label AND Unique ID
=> "New Attribute (CUST_MYATTRIBUTE)
2. The texts in the cell are all vertically allinged to center. Like this it is not possible to tell where task comments of multiple tasks begin and end
3. The comment column usually has lots of text, 'allocate to' usually could be broken up in several lines without enlarging the rowhight. At the moment all columns are set to match their title width. If I could manualy assign half the sheet to comments, i.m.o. prints would look much cleaner.

Would these tweaks be doable/desired?

Another issue
If Attributes have no value, the following columns Switch to the position of the previous, empty Attribute column.
This way there is more space, but the info is located under the wrong caption. No big deal if the column are easily distinguishable, like date and comment. But maby a Problem for 2 text columns.
there should be an Option to not move Content to previous empty columns.

Thank you for the great job on the quick fixes in 7.B10!!

cheers
Mikro
test.tdl
tdl.print.pdf

.dan.g.

May 8, 2018, 9:39:39 PM5/8/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Mikro.

Can you separate out the issue at the end into a separate bug report please?

mikro

May 14, 2018, 6:34:27 AM5/14/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

.dan.g.

May 25, 2018, 3:49:05 AM5/25/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I have a slightly different plan to avoid having to add preferences:

1. Just don't export the custom attribute ID in HTML because that's only necessary if the export file will be re-imported which is not available for HTML
2. Just make the text alignment to be the top of the cell because that seems a reasonable default. I'm not actually centering the cell text myself that just the HTML default.
3. Just make the comments column wider (might have to experiment here)

.dan.g.

May 26, 2018, 5:33:43 AM5/26/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.2.B12