Question: Recurring tasks when using monthly "xth day" options

Dave

Feb 2, 2019, 11:20:18 AM2/2/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Can't figure out how to do this, so hoping someone can help.

I've got a media site where I post news/content from the research community.  All my content is contributed by universities and other technology entities.  I have a monthly process where I send out call for articles to various lists, send followup notices, then process what I've received.  I'm trying to setup my cycle of tasks into ToDoList and hit a snag.

Here's an example:
  • First call for articles goes out on second Tuesday of the month
  • Reminder goes out third Tuesday of the month
  • Deadline reminder to myself (milestone) is the Friday in the same week as the second reminder
So I can setup the first task as "second Tuesday" and the second task as "third Tuesday" in my monthly recurrence dialog.  However, that Friday after the reminder task could be either the second or third Friday of the month depending on how the calendar falls.  But my OCD side would really like to have a recurring reminder in my list that the deadline for articles has been hit.

Any thoughts on how to set this up?

Thanks!

.dan.g.

Feb 3, 2019, 7:10:32 PM2/3/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I don't have an immediate answer for you but I can say that the recurrence functionality is based on MS Outlook's so you could also try asking on its message boards

Dave Crain

Feb 4, 2019, 8:09:58 AM2/4/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Ok - I'm  been using Outlook most of my career (measured in decades, lol), so pretty sure there are no options but I can check.

I guess I was more wondering if there was an alternate way to accomplish this in TDL.  LIke a recurring task that is dependent on some other task finishing or something.

Thanks!

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/