AGU H012 - Advances in ecohydrology of water-limited environments

Lixin Wang

Jun 29, 2024, 6:03:42 PM (3 days ago) Jun 29
to AboutHydrology

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit abstracts to our AGU 2024 Fall Meeting Session: "H012 - Advances in ecohydrology of water-limited environments”.

We have been running this session every year since 2010.

Session submission link:

https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/224621

Confirmed invited speakers this year:

Osvaldo Sala, Arizona State University

Jaivime Evaristo, University of Georgia

Water is fundamental to sustain ecosystem functions in water-limited environments. In these systems, a tight coupling exists between water availability, ecosystem productivity, surface energy balance, and biogeochemical cycles. Both climatic (e.g., increase in aridity, recurrent droughts) and anthropogenic factors (e.g., agriculture, grazing, energy development) are increasingly affecting the system dynamics. Further, it is essential to understand the consequences of hydrological changes on other ecosystem functions. We welcome submissions focusing on the ecohydrological processes/feedbacks in water-limited environments, their quantification using novel methodologies, and their implications on a broad range of issues including land use change, water resources, desertification, and food-energy-water nexus.

Conveners

Lixin Wang (Indiana University Indianapolis)

Sujith Ravi (Temple University)

**********************************
Lixin Wang (He, His, Him)
Professor
Indiana University Indianapolis (IUI)
723 W Michigan St, SL 118M
Indianapolis IN 46202
Office Tel: 317-274-7764
Editor: Hydrology and Earth System Sciences
Associate Editor: Journal of Arid Environments
Associate Editor: Journal of Hydrology