ecohydrology webinar

Sharon Billings

Sep 13, 2022, 11:09:26 AMSep 13
to AboutHydrology

Greetings!

The CZ Network Geomicrobiology team invites you to the first webinar of our series "Leveraging and Expanding Critical Zone Science." This is a series of talks and ensuing discussions given by engaging researchers who represent the forefront of CZ science in two important ways: All invited contributors embrace the CZ paradigm to improve their science, and concurrently work to broaden participation so that the CZ community more closely resembles the society we serve. Our zoom webinars are composed of a short presentation (~20 minutes) followed by a discussion period.

Our first speaker is Dr. Karen Prestegaard, an ecohydrologist at the University of Maryland. She'll treat us to a talk that explores how geomorphic structure can influence both watershed development and urban hydrology. She thinks a lot about how geomorphology and vegetation water uptake interface in and around urbanized areas, and the resulting impact on flooding. She speaks at noon Eastern, 9 AM Pacific, on 14 September 2022 (Wednesday).

Interested in joining us? Registration is free but required for participation!

We hope to see you on September 14!

Best wishes from

Dr. Sharon Billings and Micah Unruh, CZNetwork Geomicrobiology Team members at the University of Kansas

Dr. Sharon A. Billings

University Distinguished Professor, Senior Scientist

Kansas Biological Survey & Center for Ecological Research

University of Kansas

Lawrence, Kansas 66047

billingslab.ku.edu, sharon....@ku.edu

@BillingsLab