PhD Student in Groundwater/Remote Sensing/Machine Learning

Norm Jones

Jul 12, 2022, 3:46:20 PM7/12/22
to abouthy...@googlegroups.com
We are seeking applicants for a fully-funded PhD position in the Hydroinformatics Laboratory at Brigham Young University (BYU) for a new research project affiliated with the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Research on Hydrology (CIROH):

BYU is a lead institution for the Hydroinformatics research theme and one of our areas of research will be aquifer sustainability analysis using in situ data, remote sensing, and machine learning. We seek a highly qualified applicant with:

A) exceptional communication skills
B) proficiency in programming, especially in the Python language
C) BS or MS degree in civil engineering or a related field.

The BYU Hydroinformatics lab has a rich history of highly impactful research and includes four senior faculty and 25 student researchers including undergraduate, MS, and PhD students. Interested applications should send a CV and GRE scores (TOEFL scores are required for international students) to:

Dr. Norm Jones (njo...@byu.edu)
Dr. Gus Williams (gus.p.w...@byu.edu)

Thanks,

Norm Jones