Apologies for any cross-posting.
We are organizing a session on ‘Earth Observation for agricultural water management under scarcity conditions in the Mediterranean area’ at the IEEE MetroAgriFor 2023 - IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Agriculture and Forestry, in Pisa (Italy), 6-8 November 2023 (https://metroagrifor.org/).
The use of data from the European Union's Copernicus Earth Observation (EO) program and its services will be emphasized in the session. More specifically, we welcome studies including, but not limited to:
- EO for the forecasting, analysis, and management of drought events, also considering the propagation of the effects of meteorological and hydrological droughts as causes of agricultural water scarcity.
- EO for the analysis of drought and climate change impact on agro-ecosystems, also considering the impact on the production of other ecosystem services besides food production.
- EO for the optimization of water resource allocation, including best practices for irrigation and tools for quantifying crop water requirements.
- EO for generating data for agricultural water management in data-scarce areas.
- EO as input for agronomic and hydrological modeling and data fusion approaches.
Case-studies and applications on the utilization of EO for agricultural water management in South Mediterranean contexts are particularly welcome.
For more detailed information: https://metroagrifor.org/special-session-17
Special Session papers will be included in the conference proceedings book, under an ISBN reference. Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the Workshop and the proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
We would be honored by your contribution and look forward to receiving your proposal. The deadline for submission is June 15th, 2023.
Giulio Castelli, Elena Bresci, Anna Dalla Marta, Filiberto Altobelli, Guido D’Urso