Education & Practise: 3rd River University in July 2022, Estonia - registration is open

Ewa Leś

May 10, 2022, 11:32:33 AM5/10/22
to abouthy...@googlegroups.com
Dear About Hydrology Colleagues,

I am happy to announce the next, 3rd edition of my initiative developed under the wings of the Coalition Clean Baltic: CCB River University 💦
This year we will visit and learn about the specificity of Estonian rivers with the main theme of flood risk management: CCB River University 2022 (11-15th July).

The registration is openThe deadline to register is on 29 May for onsite participants & 30 June for online participants. See below the original e-mail.
The participation is open to EU Member States as well as Eastern Partnership countries.

If You as the university/academia/other representative or practitioner are keen to cooperate just e-mail me.

Warm greetings and see You in July!
Ewa Leś
CCB WA Eutrophication Leader | Przewodnicząca Grupy Roboczej Eutrofizacja
CCBKRREEB coalitions |TPRIiGPKE
River University & Open Science Ambassador

View this email in your browser

Invitation to the River University 2022

3rd edition

Dear friends,

We cordially invite you to the 3rd edition of the River University, which will take place from 11 to 15 July 2022 in Estonia with the possibility to join online.

As we all know the source to sea approach takes into account inland waters and their importance for the condition of the Baltic Sea.
This year we will visit and learn about the specificity of the Estonian rivers with the main theme of flood risk management.

This new edition of the River University is co-organised and hosted by Maret Merisaar, from the Estonian Water Association and Ewa Leś, founder of River University, with the great help of the CCB Secretariat to ensure the best riverine experience.

Besides the national water issues and examples we will check the European background:
How the situation of flood risk management in Europe looks like recently, having in mind the huge flood devastations happened in some European countries in 2021?
- What example does Estonia give us as the country with its so-called 5th season*?
- How climate change affects it?
How does society cope with the floods and what is the government's approach?

The registration is opening today, so just make a move and register! 💦

Please, DO NOT buy tickets before getting a confirmation from the organizers.

Our total capacity for participants is limited to 30 persons.
Vaccinated people are welcome to join us and have their costs covered by CCB. A valid
(not older than 48 hrs) negative PCR test is accepted, if a vaccine is not yet available.

The deadline to register is on 29 May for onsite participants & on 30 June for online participants.

Register now

Read more in the event page.

If you have any questions, please contact:
Ewa Leś, founder of the River University and CCB Working Area Leader on Eutrophication
+48 661252079evv...@gmail.com

We hope to see you there! Join our river journey, your journey!💦
Best regards,
CCB Secretariat and Estonian Water Association