We at NYU's Hydrologic Systems Group are looking for motivated researchers who wish to pursue their PhD and postdoctoral work within the broad field of statistical and computational hydrosciences. We have just opened up one PhD position, which will begin in fall 2023.
- Clear interest in pursuing scientific and applied research in hydrosciences
- MS degree in a related field
- Background in statistical and/or computational modeling
- Demonstrable coding skills (preferably Python)
Preference will be given to applicants with some of the following desirable (but not required) qualifications:
- Prior research experience related to the following topics:
- rainfall-runoff processes in urban or natural hydrologic systems
- flood modeling
- risk-based decision-making / uncertainty analysis
- Experience with earth observation / remote sensing
- Background in advanced statistics/ applied mathematics
- Experience with high performance computing
If you are interested, please email your CV and academic transcripts to Omar Wani. If transcripts are unavailable, please provide information on the relevant courses taken and corresponding grades. In your email, you can also include a paragraph on what motivates you to apply for this position and other supporting documents/information.
We will then reach out to suitable candidates by mid-November. (We will unfortunately not be able to write back to all applicants.)
The research plan for this position will be drafted after reaching an agreement following further discussions.
So come join us in NYC - the city that never sleeps!
Dr. Omar Wani
Hydrologic Systems Group
Dept. of Civil and Urban Engineering
New York University, USA