Global Flood Partnership Webinar - June 7

Sagy Cohen

May 25, 2023, 4:31:14 AM5/25/23
to abouthy...@googlegroups.com

Dear Hydro community,

We are thrilled to announce our upcoming GFP Webinar on June 7, 2023. This event will feature three exciting presentations from distinguished experts in the field. https://globalfloodpartnership.org/node/100

Here are the details:

Date: June 7, 2023

Time: 9:00 AM US Eastern Standard Time (US Pacific Time: 6:00 AM; Rio de Janeiro: 9:00 AM; London: 2:00 PM; Beijing: 9:00 PM; Sydney: 11:00 PM)

Duration: 1.5 hours

Presentation Details:

Presenters

Title

Abstract

Riley Hales and Jim Nelson

Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, USA

Bias Correction and Modeling Improvements to the GEOGloWS Hydrologic Model

We have just completed bias correcting all the discharge outputs of of the GEOGloWS hydrologic model- in gauged and ungauged sub basins. We are preparing to update the model, including building a new delineated stream network. We will cover the GEOGloWS calibration/validation activities, methods for bias correction, datasets used in and produced by, and an overview on lessons learned in large scale modeling.

Yasha Moz and Erin Martin,

NASA's Earth Science Applied Sciences Capacity Building Program, Washington DC., USA

Flood Tools Tracker: Helping Users Find the Right Flood Tools and Associated Capacity Building Resources

A broad range of Earth Observation tools and models exist to help with global flood forecasting, monitoring and impact assessment, each with unique inputs and capabilities. To facilitate their discoverability and use, EOTEC DevNet has developed a tracker to help users find the right flood tools and associated capacity building resources best suited for their needs. The tracker’s searchable database currently contains dozens of tools, capacity building resources and use cases that will be further expanded and refined in collaboration with experts.

Antara Dasgupta and Patrick Matgen

Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology, Luxembourg

DestinE: Digital Twins for Global Flood Risk Reduction

A new project on Digital Twins with ESA aims to demonstrate the potential of such a system for Luxembourg, to deal with flood disasters through early warning and improved preparedness, with the goal of producing globally relevant products. For this, we propose to combine the Global Flood Mapping and Global Flood Awareness systems through data assimilation to enable 30-day ahead forecasting of inundation maps. In this context, we would like to propose a discussion format webinar, where we would present the project plan and the planned products to solicit feedback from the user community. This feedback will inform our global product design, to ensure its utility to the stakeholder communities.

To register for the webinar, please click on the following link:

https://ua-edu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYlcequqD8jEtMO8vKDlIXY1KFbqFO7P6ms

 After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Also a reminder bout the upcoming GFP Conference in Singapore, September 25-27, 2023 – registration is open: https://globalfloodpartnership.org/node/98

Please feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues and students.

Also

Best regards,

Sagy Cohen

On behalf of the GFP Steering Committee