Invitation to the 23rd Northern Research Basins Symposium, Sweden, August 20-25, 2023

Andrea Popp

May 2, 2023, 8:11:19 AM5/2/23
to abouthy...@googlegroups.com, Popp Andrea

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to invite you to the 23rd Northern Research Basins (NRB) Symposium, scheduled to be held in Northern Sweden from August 20th to 25th, 2023. The symposium aims to bring together leading experts and stakeholders from diverse disciplines connected to water cycle changes and associated biogeochemical cycling in high-latitude regions.

This year's NRB Symposium focuses on the theme 'Northern Hydrology in Transition' and will cover (but is not limited to) the following topics:
  • impacts of global warming on the water cycle in northern environments, e.g., changes in the snowpack, glacier recession, permafrost thaw and wildfires
  • land-use changes, e.g., mining, logging, dam building
  • long-term effects of past legacies and remediation strategies, e.g., peatland drainage/restoration
  • impacts of environmental changes on the livelihoods of Indigenous Peoples
For further details, visit https://nrb23.se/. Abstract submission is open until May 31st: https://nrb23.se/registration/.

In conjunction with the conference, we will also be hosting a Special Issue in The Cryosphere and HESS, with submissions opening in June.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions.

We are looking forward to seeing you at the 23rd NRB in Sweden!

Best wishes,
Andrea Popp, David Gustafsson, Hjalmar Laudon and Ninis Gunhild Rosqvist
[organizers of the NRB23]

Andrea L. Popp
M.Sc. Hydrology, PhD
Hydrology Research Unit, SMHI, Sweden